Shared Health-Soins Communs
Shared Health-Soins Communs Winnipeg Canada
2 months ago
Requisition ID: 332456
Position Number: 20053532
Posting End Date: March 15, 2023
Site: Shared Health
Work Location: Winnipeg Shared Health-203-1700 Ellice
Department / Unit: AFM C&A Addiction Treatment Services
Job Stream: Clinical
Union: SHMGEU AFM
Anticipated Start Date - End Date: 03/24/2023 - 03/24/2024
Reason for Term: Maternity Leave
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 7.50
Annual Base Hours: 1885
Salary: $29.510, $30.570, $31.670, $32.860, $34.080, $35.420
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Reporting to the Program Supervisor, the incumbent will conduct treatment services (for identified individual, couples or family). The position requires a... commitment to a client-centred philosophy and approach to the development, provision, and support of Shared Health programs and services. The focus is to provide intake and assessment, counselling, referrals, case management, educational sessions, development of treatment plans and continuing care services for concerns related to the effects of addiction, alcohol and drug use.
The Rehabilitation Counsellor will work as a member of the team and will demonstrate the following:
• Ability to communicate respectfully and positively with clients and staff and presents self in an approachable and friendly manner.
• Demonstrates a genuine enthusiasm for client-centred care and demonstrates empathy and compassion.
• Exhibits the ability to respond to client requests and crises in a responsible, timely and flexible manner.
• Demonstrates the ability to balance the needs of clients, other staff persons and those of the organization.
• Demonstrates enthusiasm for ongoing professional development activities and engages in reciprocal learning experiences with colleagues and Directors.
• Recognizes the importance of regular supervision meetings.
• Demonstrates active listening abilities, is coachable and responds positively to supervision.
• Works collaboratively in the context of a provincial organization, with numerous colleagues, to ensure a consistent Shared Health approach.
• Demonstrates a strong commitment to personal and professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
• Ability to manage one’s own emotions and strong feelings; maintain a calm and tactful composure under a broad range of challenging circumstances; think clearly and stay focused under pressure.
• Demonstrates a commitment to the agency's mission, vision, values, and objectives.
• Minimum of one year supervised counselling experience (or volunteer experience) from a family systems perspective is essential, working in the addictions field is an asset or a Diploma in Applied Counselling with a minimum of two years supervised counselling experience or volunteer experience.
• Experience working from a client-centred perspective is essential.
• Training and /or experience in the utilization of Motivational Interviewing techniques and experience in developing, planning, preparing and facilitating educational material and services and experience in organizing community activities are required.
• Working in the addictions field an asset.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in the Social Sciences or related field.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
Qualifications And Skills
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills related to assessment and counselling.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication and documentation skills.
• Knowledge of the addictions and mental health fields and demonstrated ability to work within a complex system of services are required.
• Effective communication and problem-solving skills are required.
• Strong collaborative consultation skills and the ability to lead and train positively in a team environment are necessary.
• The ability to utilize current software, especially Word, PowerPoint and Publisher, and learn new technology for effective delivery of services is necessary.
• An understanding of, and sensitivity to, working with culturally diverse populations is essential.
• Fluency in English (ability to communicate in French and Indigenous languages including Ojibway and Cree is considered an asset).
• May be required to travel throughout the service area requiring a valid Manitoba driver’s license and use of a personal motor vehicle.
• Some evening and weekend work may be required.
This term position may end earlier as outlined in your collective agreement.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the "Apply" icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process
Rehabilitation Counsellor Winnipeg jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.