Findex New Zealand New Zealand
2 months ago
Senior Accountant, Queenstown - NZ
• Opportunity for long-term career progression, the role is yours to make a difference.
• Join a growing business and make your mark!
• Competitive salary, health insurance benefits and more!
At Findex, we believe in Dynamic working.
This is our new way of thinking about an agile and flexible global workforce. It places trust in our team members to focus on the output and value of their client work, not the amount of time spent in the office.
We are seeking a dedicated Senior Accountant to join the Business Advisory team in Queenstown.
What will your typical week look like?
This role is responsible for ensuring that all aspects of clients' engagement are running smoothly with a strong focus on client delivery.
Our Family Office approach will allow you to provide more personalised advice to our clients, ensuring greater independence and client contact.
• Work towards managing and developing a portfolio of clients across a broad range of... industries, ensuring jobs are completed effectively by meeting technical standards and deadlines, within budget.
• Use your strong technical skills including working knowledge of income tax, company tax, GST, FBT, trusts, management accounting and reporting requirements.
• Assist in preparing business advice and/or producing complex special purpose reports, annual financial statements, tax returns and reconciliations for companies, partnerships, trusts and a range of individual businesses.
• Work on business advisory projects such as: budgets and cashflows, KPI dashboards and management reporting, our virtual CFO offering, developing business plans, cloud accounting advisory, etc.
• Hands on assistance with Cloud packages including MYOB, Xero and QBO, to ensure clients have the best digital platform to operate their business.
• Complete and assist to supervise an engagement involving multiple entities and various structures from beginning to end.
More about the perks
• We aim to provide flexible schedules, work environments and experiences
• Competitive salary & Inclusive working environment
• EAP access supporting a healthy work-life balance
• Clear career development pathway and ongoing training/support
• Health insurance benefits
Let's talk about you!
You are someone with…..
• Proven accounting experience within Public practice or an established commercial organisation
• CA or CPA qualification or be working towards this (desirable)
• At least 2-3 years experience within an Accounting practice
• The ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with colleagues and clients
• Ownership qualities and the ability to successfully manage workflow and junior accountants.
• Fantastic people skills, an outgoing personality, and a passion for accounting and business advisory services
• Proactive attitude, self-motivated and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
• Experience in a broad range of tax, accounting and business matters.
• Proficient at providing constructive feedback to junior team members following comprehensive reviews of client engagements.
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• A desire to work collaboratively so that the team shines
Ideally the successful candidate would be degree qualified in commerce or accounting, have a minimum of 3+ years' experience gained in a public practice environment and have CA/CPA qualifications or studying to attain such qualifications. Please talk to us if you have any queries, or experience above and beyond the professional.
Let's talk about our team
• Close-knit, supportive and collaborative team
• Work alongside and be mentored by industry-leading professionals, with access to industry-leading learning and development designed to accelerate your development.
• Supportive team with active social calendar and reconnection days
Why Findex? #lovewhereyouwork
Looking for a one-of-a-kind opportunity to grow in a diverse financial services and technology company and work on something cutting edge? Do you want to be part of a community of like-minded professionals who are revolutionising the way financial services are delivered? Are you quick thinking and ready to push boundaries?
With offices in more than 100 locations across Australia & New Zealand and a network of more than 3,000 employees, Findex are now seeking a new generation of talent. Are you motivated to help drive growth and innovation for our business? Progress your career and excel in your chosen field?
Look no further.
Apply now - we can't wait to hear from you
Jobs in New Zealand New Zealand
Senior Accountant New Zealand jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.