Napier City Council
Napier City Council Napier New Zealand
2 months ago
Permanent, Full time (Monday to Friday)
Our busy City Services Directorate is looking for a suitably experienced Management Accountant with comprehensive accounting knowledge to be responsible for the day to day management of the City Services Administration function and leadership of the highly skilled team.
Reporting to the Executive Director of City Services along with the Strategic Finance Advisor you will work across the organisation analysing key financial data ensuring the efficient and planned delivery of innovative accounting processes. With your experience in leading teams in a strong customer solutions focussed culture you will provide effective monitoring and regular reporting ensuring all projects are appropriately funded.
Key Responsibilities include:
• The development of management accounting forecasts, budgets and dashboards for City Services and Infrastructure Services
• Regularly provide budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting, variance analyses, and internal... consultative services to internal stakeholders / clients.
• Provide financial and accounting support ensuring financial data integrity for Annual Plan and year end reporting processes.
• Negotiating and completing procurement documents for key suppliers, ensuring contracts are registered and that appropriate tender process as dictated by our policy documentation process are followed.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
• Qualified Accountant with CAANZ
• 5-6 years professional experience in a senior finance role
• Advanced knowledge of financial and management accounting
• Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
• Flexible, agile and engaging approach to initiate and manage change with systems and processes
In addition, you will have advanced Microsoft word, excel and financial system skills as well as strong analytical skills with the ability to handle complex problems. Excellent organizational skills with proven ability to coordinate responsibilities and obtain cooperation between different departments meeting different deadlines. Experience working in Local Government roles would be an advantage.
If you are ready for this opportunity, then we encourage you to apply now. We will be interviewing suitable candidates as applications are received and may close this advertisement when we have found the right person.
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service. Some of the benefits we offer include retail discounts, subsidised medical insurance, and 5 week's annual leave after 2 years' service.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status although applicants must have existing rights to work in New Zealand. Napier City Council is responsible for Civil Defence emergencies and as such, all staff may be called upon to support the response.
Our preferred candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which includes drug testing and, for some roles, health screening
Applications Close: 08 Mar 2023
Napier New Zealand
Management Accountant Napier jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.