Population Services International
Population Services International Kampala Uganda
3 months ago
BASED AT: PSIU HEAD OFFICE
REPORTS TO: FINANCIAL ACCOUNTS MANAGER
START DATE: FEBRUARY 2023
WHO WE ARE
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 5,000 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 40 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI is using its global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer-powered healthcare.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to take on the role of Payable Accountant. The position will prepare PSIU Accounts Payable transactions ensuring timely, accurate, and complete updates to the QBE accounting system, supervise the filing of office financial documents, and support the preparation of monthly... financial reports in accordance with PSIU, VIYA, and donor financial policies and guidelines. Sound like you? Read on.
1. Maintain the accounts of PSIU & VIYA through timely and accurate posting of transactions to the relevant QBE files and ensure that all accounts payables are current (< 30 days) and or clearly justified in compliance with PSI accounting policies and guidelines.
2. Coordinate and Prepare Annual Statutory and GIA Audit requirements (PSI-Uganda & PSI/W) in a complete, timely, accurate and ensure that the Audit Board and PSIU minimum standards are updated as per PSI/W standards.
3. Preparation of Monthly Balance sheet Account schedules, Aging reports, and reconciliations (Inventory offset, Bank Reconciliations Accounts, AP related, etc.) that support PSI-Uganda monthly Platform monthly financial reports to PSI/W in accordance with the PSI monthly Field Finance Certification checklist.
4. Prepare payments for Accounts Payable transactions, Review Treasury transactions – Beyonic, Invoice payments, and Staff advances (Below 5 million), and approve requisitions to move stock for sales staff for completeness and accuracy as per the PSI Finance Manual.
5. Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT return to the respective USG donors in a timely, complete, and accurate manner.
6. Preparation and upload of the Monthly Common Cost Allocation expenditures for PSIUganda in a complete, timely, and accurate manner.
7. Supervise, mentor, coach, and monitor the performance of the Accounts Assistant in financial reporting and document filing, both manual and electronic.
8. Job rotation from time to time will be required and any reasonable duties as assigned by the supervisor.
What are we looking for?
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Finance & Accounting or Business Administration or Commerce.
2. Full CPA/ ACCA Professional completion is desirable.
3. 2-5 years of accounting experience.
4. Experience working with Accounting/Finance software e.g., QBE, Lawson, etc.
5. Previous experience working with a donor-funded NGO is preferred.
The Candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
1. Measurement: Evidence, research. metrics and evaluation inform our choices
2. Pragmatism: We strive for excellence, but useful and timely are better than perfect
3. Honesty: We act with integrity, share what we achieve, and admit when we fail
4. Collaboration: Active partnering drives impact
5. Trust: We have confidence in our people to make good decisions
6. Commitment: We build local capacity and programs that last
Payable Accountant at Population Services International Kampala jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.