Windle International Kampala Uganda
2 months ago
Windle International Uganda (WIU) is an International Non-Governmental Organization managing Education programmes in refugee settlements in Uganda. WIU is the lead agency for education in 9 out of the 12 settlements, although we operate in all 12 settlements including Kampala.
Windle empowers refugees and people affected by conflict to achieve their academic potential and contribute to sustainable development by providing education and training opportunities. Our mandate is to expand access to, and improve the quality of education and training for refugees and communities affected by conflict, neglect or discrimination. We work in close collaboration with Government of
Uganda through the Office of the Prime Minister.
With funding from UNHCR, WIU seeks to recruit a suitably qualified person to fill the following position:
Position: Regional Project Accountant
Reports To: The Program Accountant
Location: Field Based
Purpose And Scope Of The Job:
The Regional Project Accountant (RPA... will support the Regional Project Coordinator (RPC) in the management, supervision and oversight of the financial, human resources, procurement, logistics and inventory, and general administration functions at all settlements within the region of jurisdiction.
He/ She will assist with monthly closings, account analysis and support the RPC, Settlement Managers
(SMs) and the HQ Program Accountant in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance &
Administration departments. He/She will provide technical support, supervision, training and mentorship of the Finance Administrators (FAs), Human Resource Administrators (HRAs) and Administration Assistants.
Key Duties And Responsibilities:
• Prepare analysis of accounts Vs budgets as required on monthly basis to ensure no budget over- runs occur.
• Support the RPC with the preparation of regional and/or settlements budgets and budget reviews.
• Enforce the implementation and maintenance of internal financial controls, policies and procedures at regional and settlement levels.
• Ensure financial records are systematically maintained in an acceptable financial and accounting standards.
• Analyse financial information and ensure efficient use of financial and material resources
• Prepare monthly financial closings and monthly/quarterly management financial reports.
• Support and perform field data entries, accurate budget coding and develop simple budget tracking tools for the regional and settlement offices.
• Review and process financial requests and expense accountability reports from the settlements.
• Conduct regular financial audits, and cash counts in order to minimise financial loss risks.
• Submit approved requests for inter-fund transfers, and review payment requests for suppliers and service providers at regional level.
• Audit and assess value for money assurance for services and products procured.
• Enforce efficient stock/inventory management and carry out routine review of the same in relation to balances, issuance and distribution to final consumers.
• Regularly carry out stock audits, stock counts and issue certifications for each session.
• Review and submit monthly stock and inventory reports to HQ.
• Review field recruitment processes and ensure these are done within the organization policy.
• Review and analyse payroll for accuracy and completeness before salaries are paid every month.
• Regularly carry out human resources audit for strengths and carry out regular personnel head counts of (teachers) and staff under jurisdiction and issue certifications for each session.
• Ensure field offices and the Regional Office are logistically well supported and fit for business.
• Ensure field accommodation facilities are conducive for human habitation, and that utilities and supplies are adequate.
• Ensure equipment and assets such as office machines and automobiles are in usable conditions and insured.
• Ensure that contracts with other service providers are valid and adhered to.
Qualifications and Experience
• University degree in accounting and Part or full professional Accounting qualifications such as
• (ACCA or CPA).
• At least three years of financial/project management/accounting experience within an international organization, multinational company or charity with complex donor requirements.
• Strong analytical skills with ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision, and meet deadlines.
• Self-starter with strong organizational skills.
• Advanced PC skills, particularly knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel software.
• Excellent communication skills, with fluency (spoken and written) in English.
Job application procedure
All applications should be submitted through the online link provided here
https://windleuganda.org/careers/ Any application not submitted through the online link provided shall not be considered.
Deadline for application is Tuesday 28th February 2023 at 5:00PM
Applicants must have no history of violation of children’s rights or of Child abuse and sexual exploitation of any kind
Windle International Uganda is an equal opportunity and a corruption intolerant employer. Women and persons with disability who meet the job requirements are encouraged to apply.
No fee is charged at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications will be assessed strictly on individual merit
No canvassing or lobbying will be tolerated. Individuals found to have done so will be disqualified and blacklisted.
Whereas we actively welcome all applications; however, only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews
Regional Project Accountant at Windle International Kampala jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.