International Teachers Plus
International Teachers Plus Doha Qatar
3 months ago
AWFAZ GLOBAL SCHOOL
Special Education Needs Teacher
• The first Awfaz Global School was founded in 2009 and offers an outstanding British-style education to children in the local community. We have 3 campuses across Doha with around 1,500 students. We cater for all nationalities however the majority of our students are Qatari Nationals. Our school is continually expanding to meet the needs of our community in providing quality education for students from Early Years up to IGCSE and increasing to A-Levels.
• Awfaz Global School endeavours to provide a holistic education to students, so that they grow into confident, caring and global citizens. We educate our learners to understand the vital need to make our world a sustainable place to live.
Special Education Needs Teacher
We are seeking individuals who are adaptable to change, thrive on challenges and have a true desire to develop life-long independent learners.
We invite applicants who are committed to:
• Nurturing and developing... every aspect of a child’s development
• Making learning meaningful, student centred and enjoyable
• Contributing to the wider life of the school
• Promoting a real sense of family community through working in partnership with all stakeholders
• Professional development both within their schools and across our network of schools.
Essential requirements & skills:
• A relevant teaching qualification: minimum of a B.Ed. or Bachelor’s Degree BA/BSc + PGCE/QTS In Special Needs Education or any related Degree.
• A minimum of 3 years recent teaching experience required.
• Interest in researching new initiatives and implementing them whilst evaluating current processes
• A good understanding of special education teaching and learning.
• Experience / Understanding of English language learning, particularly for students for whom English is an additional language
• Please note that due to government requirements we can only consider applicants who are below 50 years old for this position.
• A strong commitment to raising educational attainment for children and young people with SEN, including working with pupils directly.
• A willingness and ability to develop specialist knowledge and keep up to date with local and national policy and developments
• Written communication skills - for writing learning and support plans, reports on pupil progress.
• Empathy and emotional intelligence - in order to recognise and be sensitive to the needs of pupils and parents
Please send your letter of application/ personal statement explaining your suitability for the position you have applied for along with your CV which must include your contact details and the email addresses of three professional referees.
Important Note: Per Qatari Labor Law, all candidates MUST attest their relevant degree(s) prior to visa and employment approval. Candidates will need to contact their local Qatar Embassy for exact requirements and the process on how to complete attestation. Candidates will need to attest the following,
• Relevant degree(s)
• Academic transcript
• Letter from the university stating degree, duration, mode of study was a full time on campus student’. Online degree(s) are not recognized in Qatar.
• The selected applicant will be required to provide a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) before employment is confirmed. Candidates from outside the authority of the DBS will be required to provide an approved Certificate from the equivalent or similar authority in the Country in which he/she is currently residing.
About Awfaz Global Schools
Phase: All through
Age range: 3- 18
Phone: +974 44664660
State of Qatar
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.