MJ Fashions Dhaka Bangladesh
2 months ago
Contract length: up to 31 August 2023 with the possibility of extension
Location: Translators without Borders Country Office, Dhaka
Travel: 15-30% of the time
Reporting to: Country Director Bangladesh
Salary range: BDT 190,000-210,000 depending on experience
Deadline for applications: February 1, 2023
This is a re-advertised position. We thank all for their interest in TWB, however previous applicants need not apply.
Translators without Borders is an equal-opportunity employer, committed to having a diverse team where individuals of all backgrounds collaborate and learn from one another. We believe we can be most effective with diverse experience and expertise in our team. We recruit on merit, actively seek diverse applicant pools and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, age, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnicity, religious beliefs, marital or parental status... or sexual orientation, and welcome all types of diversity.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Program Development Specialist who wants to help people harness their potential in marginalized communities. The right candidate will work closely with the Translators without Borders (TWB) country teams in Dhaka and Cox’s Bazar. Our plans are to provide technical assistance to marginalized communities nationwide on resilience and development (financial inclusion, disaster risk deduction, climate change, etc.) and in Cox’s Bazar where technical humanitarian assistance is provided. Further, you will work closely with a wide range of external and internal stakeholders such as the TWB global fundraising team to secure sustainable funding for the country operation.
With support from the Country Director:
• Develop TWB’s humanitarian and development fundraising strategy for Bangladesh
• Grow and widen TWB’s funding base in Bangladesh by identifying and pursuing program partnership and funding opportunities in line with the overall country strategy
• Develop compelling concept notes, presentations, grant applications and associated budgets for submission to potential funders, with support from program and finance teams
• Work closely with the global fundraising team, ensuring that the Bangladesh opportunities are included in the pipeline and meet our rigorous quality standards
• Support the development of global proposals that include or complement the Bangladesh program
• Follow and maintain go-no-go, proposal development, budget development processes, with support from the global team.
• Develop and maintain an overview of donor priorities and strategic fit with TWB’s through research and networking
• Develop and manage relationships with partner organizations, organizational donors, foundations, corporate donors and individuals working closely with the Country Director and Program Leads
• Represent TWB externally as required.
• Contribute to a positive, innovative and supportive work environment where TWB’s values are understood and upheld
The Program Development Specialist should be an innovative self-starter with a strong sense of initiative, an understanding of the humanitarian sector, demonstrable experience in humanitarian program development and fundraising, and enthusiastic about the importance of increasing access to knowledge through language. The right candidate is an energetic team player and leader who agrees with TWB’s basic beliefs and values and who can work virtually with team members based throughout the world.
• 5+ years of experience in similar roles involving program development, preferably in a multi-program setting
• At least a Master’s degree in International Development and Humanitarian Aid or related field
• Experience in program development, fundraising and grant management from major institutional donors and other philanthropist organizations
• Previous experience with international organizations
• Demonstrated understanding of multi-donor budget development and some idea of financial management
• Strong writing and presentation skills in English
• Fluency and writing skills in English and Bangla. Proficiency in any other language or dialect of Bangladesh will be an added advantage
• Familiarity with language technology desirable
About Translators without Borders
Translators without Borders exists to help people get vital information, and be heard, whatever language they speak. We believe that everyone has the right to give and receive information in a language and format they understand. We work with nonprofit partners and a global community of language professionals to build local language translation capacity, and raise awareness of language barriers. Our network of over 100,000 community members translate millions of words of life-saving and life-changing information a year.
TWB employees and volunteers are people who believe passionately about the value of this work and take personal responsibility for achieving the mission. TWB’s mission and organizational spirit embody the core values established in its strategic framework:
• Excellence: As the leading voice for communicating humanitarian information in the right language, TWB is a leader in the translation industry and in the non-profit sector.
• Integrity: TWB believes that every person, whether it’s the people who we serve, our volunteers or our staff, has value, deserves respect and has inherent dignity.
• Empowerment: TWB believes in using language to empower people around the world to control their own development and destiny.
• Innovation: TWB recognizes and celebrates the power of innovation to address humanitarian and crisis issues around the world.
• Sustainability: TWB recognizes that meeting our mission necessitates establishment and maintenance of a solid financial and organizational infrastructure.
• Tolerance: Our staff and volunteers are highly knowledgeable and skilled; value each other, our partner and our recipients; create a supportive work environment; and conduct themselves professionally at all times.
TWB may re-advertise the vacancy, cancel the recruitment, offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration at its discretion.
How to apply
To apply, please click here
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover (motivaiton) letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting
Japanese Translator Dhaka jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.