Buscojobs Direct ZA
Buscojobs Direct ZA Cape Town South Africa
2 months ago
Afrikaans Teacher, Senior School (Midrand)
Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Afrikaans Teacher to teach secondary school grades 8- 9 at our high school in Midrand! This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic teacher to empower students using an enquiry-based learning approach and to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century and be apart of building a foundation in a new school.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
• Design rigourous, enquiry-based lesson plans.
• Prepare students to sit IGCSE, AS and A-level exams.
• Deliver impactful and engaging enquiry-based lessons supported by technology to enhance instructional delivery
• Observe, coach and be a model teacher for new teachers
• Infuse joy and passion for learning into lessons so that students are excited about and invested in their academic excellence
• Set and communicate rigorous and ambitious goals for all students... and provide student feedback so they internalize it
• Conduct ongoing assessment of student progress. Use assessment data to adjust instructional content and delivery techniques accordingly
• Attend weekly feedback meetings with Deans and learning designers to enhance teaching practices
• Fully participate in opportunities for professional growth including daily team meetings and reflections, weekly professional development meetings, instructional coaching, and organisation wide learning and reflection
• Communicate regularly with parents through e-mail, telephone and parent-teacher conferences
• Contribute to and participate in co-curricular programming for at least one activity in the course of a term
• Participate in a variety of collaborative teams and committees, fulfil supervision duties as assigned including occasional morning, evening and weekend events
Skills and Qualifications required
• Bachelor’s degree in Education or Bachelor’s Degree + Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
• SACE registered
• Must have taught Afrikaans in professional classroom setting
• Must be proficient in speaking, reading and writing in the language of instruction (Afrikaans)
• Experience and/or understanding of Cambridge curriculum objectives would be an advantage
• Ability to lead a classroom independently
• You love teaching and care deeply about the success of each and every student
• You have a deep understanding of children and you know how to connect with the specific age group that you teach
• You have an understanding of and passion for enquiry based, student-centered learning
• You are a team player and you enjoy group problem solving
• You are adept at using technology for instruction
How to Apply:
To apply, please complete the form on the right hand side of this page. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
If you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Nova Pioneer, in line with the POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measurements will be in place to protect personal information but it will be used for recruitment and employment purposes. By submitting your application with Nova Pioneer, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer
Cape Town South Africa
Jobs in Cape Town South Africa
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.