Reduced Listening United Kingdom United Kingdom
2 months ago
We are looking for a part-time Finance Manager to join our growing team which is passionate about emerging ideas and creating positive change.
• Overseeing the day-to-day financial operation of the company – raising sales invoices, paying purchase invoices, facilitating payroll and VAT and tax payments, managing bank accounts.
• Forecasting income and spend, taking proactive steps to manage cashflow including anticipating potential issues and finding solutions.
• Running cost reports on Xero and reconciling spend against budgets.
• Working with directors to set annual budgets for overheads, development and inclusion based on expected spend and ambition for the company.
• Chairing quarterly finance meetings with directors to share information on turnover, spend and profit forecasts against budgets.
• Liaising with accountant and bookkeeper on behalf of the company regarding weekly bookkeeping and year-end accounts as well as any ad hoc queries.
• Collaborating with... directors and execs on programme budget creation across a range of genres and clients and being responsible for final budget sign-off.
• Conducting monthly meetings with execs to discuss programme budgets and spend.
• Advising on payment schedules and any other financial matters within production agreements.
• Potentially some HR responsibilities – issuing staff contracts, coordinating some staff training, advising on pastoral care, performance management and other HR matters.
Knowledge, skills, and experience:
• Significant experience managing budgets and cost managers/spend reports.
• Strong Xero, Excel and Google Sheets skills.
• Highly organised with excellent attention to detail and ability to process high volumes of numerical information accurately and efficiently.
• Ability to work well in a high pressured, fast-paced environment and to be able to adapt and grow with the company.
• Ability to analyse financial data, recognise trends and make proactive recommendations for strategic financial planning in an accessible format.
• Good problem-solving skills and the ability to be able to offer a different perspective and alternative solutions.
• Strong self-motivation and discipline and the ability to work independently.
• An interest in the radio and podcast industry.
• An interest in staff welfare and HR matters (expertise in this area would be a bonus).
Salary £40,000-£50,000 (pro rata) depending on experience. Benefits include 25 days’ holiday + bank holidays (pro-rata), pension contributions, training and development opportunities and being part of an exciting and talented team who are committed to listening better and making the world a fairer place.
Application deadline - 23:29 on Sunday 26th March 2023.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified the week beginning 3rd April 2023.
Interviews will take place in the week beginning 17th April 2023 with a view to starting the role in June 2023.
To apply for this role please complete the Google form and attach your CV.
We are committed to building a media industry which represents the world we live in and are actively working to create a diverse and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all sections of society, encourage you to bring your whole self to work, and are open to discussing flexible working arrangements
Jobs in United Kingdom United Kingdom
Finance Manager United Kingdom jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.