Australian Institute of Marine Science (AIMS)
Australian Institute of Marine Science (AIMS) Brisbane QLD Australia
3 months ago
RPS is an established leader in delivering offshore and coastal marine environmental science projects and are leaders in the offshore wind development sector. With 5,000 employees across 125 countries, we are a global organisation with a connected outlook and approach. Our project teams work across geographies to support our clients’ consenting and environmental assessment needs across the globe.
We have been working in the offshore wind sector since the inception of the industry, having been selected as the lead consultant for the sector’s major “firsts”. These include Australia’s first offshore wind project, Star of the South, and Scotland’s largest offshore wind farms, the Berwick Bank and Marr Bank Projects. The renewables industry is growing, and we already have several offshore wind and coastal marine environmental science projects in our pipeline throughout Australia Asia Pacific.
Are you ready to join us and be part of the growth of the renewables sector in Australia?
If... so, we have an opportunity for a talented and passionate Senior Principal Marine Scientist to partner with our clients and play a critical role in the successful delivery of marine infrastructure monitoring projects. You’ll be part of a deeply experienced, multi-disciplinary Place & Environment team.
About The Role
Reporting to the General Manager and based in either Newcastle or Sydney you will be responsible for business development, project leadership, and commercial management in the successful delivery of marine infrastructure and monitoring projects. Key to your success will be collaborating with clients to get to the heart of their needs, and with RPS’ technical disciplines to craft and deliver solutions that solve our clients’ challenges.
• Strategy & business development
• Coordinate development of RPS’ marine and approvals offering in NSW, including securing work within the offshore wind market
• Grow and develop a local team
• Develop and maintain relationships with clients and enhance RPS’ position as preferred supplier
• Facilitate business development with ownership of key pursuits
• Proposal leadership, including delivery of best practice proposals
• Build brand awareness through conference talks and thought leadership
• Project and commercial leadership
• Project manage major strategic projects so that projects are delivered to budget, technical standard and client satisfaction
• Oversight of project delivery risk; including preparing and communicating treatments where required.
• Leadership of project team members to maintain high levels of engagement
• Technical delivery
• Deliver marine baseline survey programs, monitoring programs and impact assessments
• Contribute to EISREF, conduct site investigations, coordinate impact assessments, consult with regulatory authorities and prepare high quality reports and fee proposals.
• Ensure services are maintained at industry best practice. This includes monitoring industry standards, internal skills and understanding the services and learning lessons from current and past projects.
• Act as a mentor and lead by example on client engagement, business development, technical solutions, project delivery and cost management
• Manage inputs from a large team of technical marine specialists.
• Lead offshore engagement with regulators and key stakeholders
You will hold tertiary qualifications in Marine Biology, Marine Science, or other related discipline with 20 years’ relevant professional experience with at least five years in NSW.
You Will Also Have
• Strong knowledge of marine ecology as either a generalist or specialist in benthic ecology, marine mammals, fish, coastal processes or similar.
• Knowledge and relationships with NSW key stakeholders and regulators, including DPI.
• Knowledge of offshore approvals and relationships with DCCEEW and NOPSEMA/OIR
• Demonstrated ability to lead large projects to time, budget and quality.
• Demonstrated client management and business development experience, including preparation of proposals.
• Persuasive pitching and negotiating style coupled with consensual decision-making approach.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and technical skills with the ability to disseminate technical information and reports to broad audiences.
• Registration or in process of obtaining accreditation with Registered Environmental Assessment Practitioner (REAP)
• Experience in impact assessment and/or baseline surveys for marine infrastructure projects
• Experience in delivery of SSI and/or SSD projects in NSW
What’s On Offer
Along with a competitive salary, RPS provides a diverse and inclusive work environment amongst a team of dedicated and pragmatic environmental experts. RPS offers many benefits to ensure your professional development & well-being:
• Flexible/Hybrid work arrangements
• Professional Membership p.a. reimbursement
• Paid Parental and Partner Leave.
• $250 Active Lifestyle Allowance p.a.
• Defence Reservist Leave
• Additional Annual Leave Purchase Scheme + Salary Packaging;
• Professional and Technical Development Programs including Study Assistance and eLearning etc
• Active Social Clubs, Employee Assistance Program, Service Recognition and more++
Founded in 1970, RPS is a leading global professional services firm. We define, design and manage projects that create shared value by solving problems that matter to a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world. In the Australia Asia Pacific region, we have more than 1,000 staff across 25 offices.
Globally, we are a leader providing of environment services to the offshore wind, renewables and infrastructure sectors.
Our people live our purpose, deliver our promise, and demonstrate our behaviours every day. Our behaviours define who we are. Developed by our people, they underpin everything that we do. They create the memorable experiences we are known for and make RPS a great place to do great work. ‘Stronger Together’ is one of our five core behaviours and it is inherent in creating an inclusive workplace: ‘We are respectful, acknowledge diversity, and recognise the potential and contribution of everyone. We bring out the best in one another, always assuming best intent. People who learn and grow thrive in our business, sharing in our success.’
We have a Preferred Supplier List of trusted partners to assist us when required and do not acknowledge any speculative CVs or unsolicited candidate introductions from agencies not on this list. Please refer to the careers page on our website if you require any further information
Brisbane QLD Australia
Jobs in Brisbane QLD Australia
Chief Executive Officer Brisbane QLD jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.