Honeywell Las Marías Puerto Rico
3 months ago
Launch innovations in nearly every commercial and defense aircraft platform
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That's why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We are passionate about innovation and developing the next generation of hardware electronics that Honeywell Aerospace runs on. We take great pride in developing electrical designs that are producible, reliable, low-cost and compliant to performance requirements. The Platform Electrical Design team is looking for a highly motivated individual to join the... Analog/Power Supply or Digital domain based on your skills.
Analog/Power Supply Domain:
In this technical leader role, you will apply your experience in analog and power conversion circuits to conceptualize, design and develop power supply systems as part of a highly engaged and integrated engineering team. You will be responsible for designing power supplies for military and space products that operate in very harsh environments. You will use your analytical skills to perform power architecture trade studies, simulations, worst-case analysis, and generate design artifacts per Honeywell's hardware design process. In this role, you will interact with customers, Chief Engineers and Systems engineers to define power requirements and leverage circuit design reuse. In addition, you will support proposals and quotation efforts for analog and power supply developments. By collaborating with customers and broader engineering teams, you will influence electrical design directions and methodology developments. As an electrical engineering technical expert, you will leverage advanced tools and simulation techniques to deliver high impact business results while acting as a technical leader and coach for other engineers. This position is in Moca, Puerto Rico.
In this technical leader role, you will be designing high speed processing and digital electronic Circuit Card Assemblies (CCAs) for Electronic Solutions within Honeywell Aerospace. Help us create the world's most advanced systems with your computer architecture and digital electrical design skills for space-based electronics on human based/satellite space systems, sensors, and navigation systems. You will be responsible for supporting multiple complex Printed Board Assembly (PBAs) development assignments, including supporting system trades, setting and negotiating module requirements derived from system requirements, developing architectures, completing design, analysis, and testing in an engineering laboratory setting. This leadership role involves collaborating with a global, multi-disciplinary team of PBA electrical design, systems, software, IC design, and mechanical engineers to reach effective solutions to medium to low complexity electrical engineering problems under moderate supervision. In this role, you will interact with customers and Chief Engineers to ensure our PBAs for military and space products operate in very harsh environments. In addition, you will support proposals and quotation efforts for Digital design efforts. As an electrical engineering technical expert, you will leverage advanced tools and simulation techniques to deliver high impact business results while acting as a technical leader and coach for other engineers. This position is in Moca, Puerto Rico.
Flexible, hybrid schedule is available
Relocation benefits are available
Sign on bonus provided
YOU MUST HAVE
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
• 5+ years of experience in power supply design or digital hardware electronics design (circuit boards)
• US Citizenship due to contractual requirements
• Ability be to speak, read and write English
• Master's Degree in power electronics or microprocessors
• 5+ years of simulation experience
• Applied experience in power supply design for aerospace products
• Experience using schematic capture and board layout tools like Mentor Graphics
• Expertise in DC/DC power converter topologies and power architectures
• Proficiency in circuit simulation tools like LTSpice, PSpice, TINA-TI or similar
• Hands on experience troubleshooting analog and/or power supply circuits
• Analog and digital circuit worst-case analysis
• Magnetics design experience
• Proficiency translating system-level requirements into traceable hardware requirements
• Experience supporting PBA level requirements development, preliminary and detailed design, design verification, and qualification spanning a high mix of moderate complexity commercial, defense, and space products and systems
• Experience ensuring our designs meet the industry standards of EMI/EMC of RTCA DO-160, Boeing D6, Airbus ABD, MIL-STD 461, MIL STD-810
• Experience designing with modern processing technologies and architectures including micro-processors and FPGAs, DDR and flash memories, high speed physical and wireless communication and interconnects, and interfaces to sensors and guidance electronics
• Proficiency with Mentor Graphics Xpedition Enterprise Design Flow Mathcad, Timing Designer, MS Excel, and LTSpice.
• Knowledgeable in project estimation, planning, and cost and schedule management
• Able to communicate effectively and can clearly and concisely convey subtle or complex messages to a variety of audiences, both written and verbal. Speaks geek, customer, and business
• Ability to generate Printed Wiring Board (PWB) layout constraint guidelines, oversee the layout and fabrication of the design
• Project management skills including managing budget, schedule, and scope
• Demonstrated experience communicating effectively with senior leadership
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and make sound decisions quickly
• Ability to consistently demonstrate business impact and continuous drive for improvement
• Ability to influence customers and cross-functional teams to deliver optimal outcomes
• Experience mentoring junior level engineers
• JOB ID: req390038
• Category: Engineering
• Location: Lot #1, Las Americas Technology Park, State Road PR-2,,KM 117.3,Moca,PR,00676,Puerto Rico
• Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status
Las Marías Puerto Rico
Jobs in Las Marías Puerto Rico
Advanced Electrical Engineer - Now Hiring Las Marías jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.