Sargent & Lundy
Sargent & Lundy Mayagüez Puerto Rico
2 months ago
Distribution Engineer-Puerto Rico - ( 220002DD )
Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities. Seeing beyond the project at hand, you’ll work with us to advance the industry and build your career. We operate with the strength of a $3B company and have the agility of a specialized power group, and work on some of the most challenging and cutting-edge projects around the world. Whether helping to define microgrids, pushing the boundaries on clean energy or grid modernization, you’ll find yourself working with leaders in transmission & distribution, thermal generation, and renewable energy in one of the world’s top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
We are currently looking for an experienced Distribution Engineer to support our Transmission & Distribution Team in our Guaynabo, Puerto Rico office.
Your Key Responsibilities
•... Perform QA/QC on projects before submittal to the client
• Training and mentorship of entry level designers and engineers
• Perform detailed design and engineering calc’s of the overhead electric distribution systems to comply with the client’s standards, specifications, preferences, and relevant industry standards (NESC, RUS etc.)
• Prepare cost estimates on engineering and fielding efforts.
• Designing of electrical distribution facilities including feeders, laterals, underground ties, and equipment upgrades for voltages 38kV and under
• Perform site field visit for verification of existing distribution facilities and project requirements
• Develop bill of material required for construction based upon client standards
• Develop construction prints detailing facilities to be removed/installed.
• Develop permit drawings as necessary to accommodate construction.
• Review project scope and identify issues early on
• Function as Project Engineer on assigned projects
• Support the day-to-day activities of the project from inception through engineering, construction, and hand over
Your Capabilities and Credentials
• Proficiency with analysis tools such as, PLS-CADD
• Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Office
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Be able to demonstrate solid leadership and communication skills
• Working knowledge of electrical utility systems, policies and procedures including engineering standards
• Experience working with a major electrical utility
• Flexibility to prioritize and work on multiple projects with various due dates and scopes
• Valid driver’s license
• Available to travel up to 20%
Education and Experience
• A degree in Electrical or Civil/Structural Engineering from a recognized institution
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in Overhead Distribution design.
• P.E. Professional Engineer license is preferred
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. The experience will forever shape your future. #FeelingEnergized
Primary Location : United States-Puerto Rico-Guaynabo
Other Locations : United States-Florida-Miami
Organization : BC-1300 Energy-US Puerto Rico
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Oct 5, 2022, 8:09:19 AM
Req ID: 220002DD
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Mayagüez Puerto Rico
Electrical Engineer (Telecommunication Projects) -- Entry Level... Mayagüez jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.