Burns & McDonnell
Burns & McDonnell Puerto Rico Puerto Rico
3 months ago
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You’ve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
Electrical System Owner - Sr Engineer
What you will do
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world! In this vital role you will lead and become responsible for the maintenance and troubleshooting of Low, Medium and High voltage electrical systems in the Facilities & Engineering (F&E) organization. Apply Electrical Engineering principles to the design and implementation of major system modifications and upgrades. Serve as primary system owner for electrical engineering... systems across the Site and assist with system improvement programs as well as replacement of obsolete equipment and components. Develop, organize, analyze and present interpretation of results for operational issues or engineering projects of significant scope and complexity.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Work in teams with Facilities and Engineering system owners and peers on an ongoing basis to support the Utilities uptime maximization and provide a quality service to stakeholders.
• Provide advice to improve equipment maintenance program to achieve team goals aligned with the Departmental goals
• Provide guidance to electricians and support them achieve their monthly PM completion goal of 100%
• Assure compliance with budget expenditure requirements.
• Provide troubleshooting support to electricians and peers.
• Assist in LOTO and projects support in owned equipment and components.
• Lead CAPA’s and Deviation investigation execution and resolution as required
• Analyze, evaluate and investigate electrical systems events and Power Quality issues using available software.
• Review equipment/system Root Cause Analysis investigations and support trend evaluations.
• Develop partnership with Buildings Planners and slowdowns coordinators to perform maintenance activities on Site slowdowns periods
• Represent F&E systems and operations during regulatory audits.
• Support Change Control implementation in the electrical system
• Management of contractors, vendors and procurement process.
• Evaluate results from Infrared studies analysis on electrical equipment across the Site
• Perform analysis of Transformer testing results
• Transformer DGA testing analysis
• Willing to work extended hours and holidays
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients! The Electrical System Owner professional we seek is an individual contributor with these qualifications.
The Basic Qualifications are:
Doctorate degree in Engineering
Master’s degree in Engineering and 3 years of Engineering experience
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and 5 years of Engineering experience
Beyond that, additional preferred qualifications are:
• In-depth knowledge of electrical equipment testing devices
• Experience in Root Cause Analysis (Fishbone, 5 Why’s, Kepner Tregoe)
• Knowledge on Standby and Prime Generators
• Working knowledge of Engineering processes.
• Detailed technical understanding of Uninterruptible Power Systems (UPS) and Rotary UPS
• Knowledge on Power System Relays and system protection coordination schemes.
• Ability to communicate and collaborate with technical and management staff within engineering, manufacturing, and quality.
• Project management, organizational, technical writing and presentation skills.
• Knowledge and experience on Turbine and Combined Heat and Power (CHP) systems.
• Flexibility to work off-hours and support non-standard shift organization.
• Knowledge of validation and documentation processes in a highly regulated environment.
• Knowledge on National Electrical Code standard (NEC)
• Basic knowledge on common Industry Utility systems
• Basic knowledge on Microgrids
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
• Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
• A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
• Generous Total Rewards Plan—comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits—with compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancers, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation
Jobs in Puerto Rico Puerto Rico
Staff Electrical Engineer-Substation (San Juan, PR) Puerto Rico jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.