Camphill Communities of Ireland
Camphill Communities of Ireland Kilkenny Ireland
2 months ago
Camphill Communities of Ireland are seeking:
Social Care - Team Leader
Purpose of Post
The primary purpose of this role is to ensure the PIC is supported with the oversight of Community compliance with all regulatory and statutory requirements as well those requirements arising under service agreements with the HSE and any other funding or oversight bodies.
A key function of the role is to guide, monitor, and lead the community staff team. They are responsible for motivating the staff team as well as inspiring positive communication within the team so that they can work together toward achieving goals and as directed by the PIC
Roles and Responsibilities
The principal duties and responsibilities of the posts may include but are not limited to the following:
1. As directed by the Person in Charge, oversee the day-to-day activities of the frontline residential staff teams within the designated centre.
2. To provide leadership, coaching... oversight, supervision to staff within the community, promoting a positive workplace culture that provides learning and growth for all staff
3. To actively support the PIC in developing an evidence-based culture, by ensuring service information and action plans are updated, accurate and appropriately completed
4. Contribute to the development of strategies to continuously improve the community and to meet the identified actions.
5. To participate in working groups/teams as appropriate, to advance the interests of CMSN's and CcoI.
Advocacy and Rights
6. To actively promote and implement the concept of high-quality person-centred supports, ensuring that all CMSN's are treated with dignity and respect in how they are supported and engaged with and in line with what's important to and for them
7. Uphold and respect the human, legal and constitutional rights of individuals supported CCoI, recognising their uniqueness and equality, and enabling and supporting them to grow and develop, thereby achieving the highest possible level of personal autonomy.
8. Ensure that individuals supported by the Services are encouraged to develop their self-advocacy skills and opportunities for involvement in advocacy.
9. Foster among residential support staff respect for the rights of individuals and ensure that they are consulted and in agreement with all matters in relation to their living arrangements and environment.
Person Centred Support for Living
1. Ensuring CMSN's assessment of requirements is updated based on their specific needs, and goals to enhance their quality of life
2. Supporting the development and overseeing the implementation of CMSN's Support Plans based on their specific needs, choices, and preferences for enhancing their quality of life
3. To ensure that the Support Plan of each CMSN is communicated clearly, implemented, evaluated and those modifications are made as requirements and interests change
4. Support the implementation of actions to support the Community members with Support Needs Care Plans, and report on the emerging needs of the Community members with solution focused measures to the PiC.
5. Maintain complete and accurate records for each person to include the personal needs assessments, risk assessments, incidents and notifiable events, file notes, communication plans, behavioural management support, health action plans, medication management and financial records.
6. Ensure that the keyworker system is implemented and ensure that each Community members with Support Needs receive a high quality, personalised service which addresses their needs and wishes.
7. Ensure that individuals are supported and facilitated in the development, implementation, and review of their personal support plans, and that the actions agreed in these plans are carried out.
8. Ensure that Community members are facilitated to actively participate and integrate into the community have their social, educational, and vocational development needs met through the use of community facilities and maximising internal resources to support the delivery of goals
9. Ensure that individuals supported by the services are facilitated and encouraged to develop their choice and decision-making skills.
10. Ensure all medical appointments are managed and supported. To liaise with external clinical/primary care personnel as directed by the PIC.
11. Ensure a healthy and nutritious diet is offered and takes individual need and choice into account.
12. To ensure that the documentation relating to each CMSN's care is in accordance with CcoI and HIQA standards.
13. Scheduling and preparing for the quarterly and annual meetings for the CMSN's e.g. Circle of Support meetings and Annual Reviews as directed by the PIC
14. To liaise and report on a regular basis to the PIC on all aspects of CMSN's supports.
15. Conducting spot checks and monthly reconciliation at house level of CMSN's finances and ensuring the CMSN's asset registers are completed and updated
Direct Supervision /Oversight Tasks.
1. Provides positive, persuasive, and visible leadership and support to all stakeholders so that to ensure high levels of understanding, buy - in and commitment to the organisational goals and plans.
2. Provide direct oversight, supervision and monitoring of staff performance and reporting to PIC on service outcomes
3. Ensure that all reports, timesheets, and financial statements are accurate, completed and returned on time. Ensure residential support staff maintain good practice in report writing and record keeping.
4. To ensure that there is safe and effective and appropriate allocation of staff rosters, report any concerns, and where required work frontline to ensure the safe delivery of services
5. To ensure that the designated centre is presented in a home like fashion in line with standards of hygiene and cleanliness repairs and maintenance, both inside and outside the properties, and ensure any issues are identified to the PIC and actioned.
6. Ensuring the mechanisms for the monitoring and management of risks are fully implemented, Co-ordinating Q&S incident reporting and implementing approved corrective and preventative actions
7. Monitor and support staff in the administration and management of medication.
8. To ensure cost effective and appropriate use of available resources as directed by the PIC or Area Services Manager
9. To ensure that Policies and Procedures are adhered to, and that staff are trained to understand them, and ensuring staff sign off on all relevant P&P's
10. Overseeing that CMSN's are effectively supported to plan and action their plans and goals
11. Ensuring key governance and oversight tasks are scheduled at house level and reviewing standard service documentation to ensure they have been effectively completed.
12. Managing and scheduling volunteers to support meaningful social activities in line with the Support Plans for Community Members
13. Oversee the management and recording of house budgets
Staff Coaching and Development
1. Leading the implementation of CcoI processes at house level and the monitoring of practice to ensure full embedding of policies procedures and work methods, with immediate and accurate reporting of all matters of concern to the Person in Charge (PIC).
2. Supporting recruitment and selection from the onboarding, induction, training, probation for frontline staff
3. Ensure that the various policy guidelines, procedures, and documentation of the organisation are made available to staff and that they are supported to understand and adhere to these guidelines.
4. To identify the training needs of the staff team, to be responsible for the delivery of training to staff to maximize their potential, evaluate training impact and contribute to the development of improvements
5. To provide coaching, mentoring and supervision of staff to facilitate their practice development of staff ensuring they are trained and empowered with skills to improve their confidence, knowledge, and engagement with standards, policies, and procedures. E.g., medication management
6. To facilitate in developing an environment conducive to promoting 'reflective practice' thus ensuring that care delivered to Community Members is of the highest standard
7. Promote an open culture to learning, feedback and complaints in line with CCoI polices.
1. Co-ordinate staff and ensure that duties, activities, and programmes allocated to staff are carried out efficiently, ensuring that skill mix takes account of fluctuating service requirements and ensuring maximisation of available recourses.
2. Assist the PIC in the managing of local budget, ensuring cost containment and appropriate use of available resources as directed by the PIC or Area Services Manager
3. Assist in maintaining the necessary administrative records, sign offs, and reporting arrangements/ contribute to quality assurance by assisting other departments with required data collection.
1. Chair/Attend House meetings, and prepare for Community Management meeting as directed by the PIC
2. Organise, document and chair regular house meetings and residents' meetings.
3. Develop and promote good relationships with CMSN's families promoting a person-centred approach to supporting the CMSN in line with what's important for and important to them
4. Ensure respectful communications and relationships are developed and maintained with all stakeholders.
Quality & Safety
1. Ensure that all legislative, CCoI polices, and regulatory requirements (including Health & Safety Act and HIQA regulations and standards) are adhered to and complied with by continuous monitoring, inspection, and audit of the designated centre.
2. Ensuring quality improvement actions are communicated, implemented, and reviewed and reported to the PIC.
3. Preparation of notifications, complaints investigations and incident reports for review by the PIC
4. To ensure the health, safety, and welfare of staff, CMSN's and visitors in accordance with the 'Health and Safety at Work Act' (2005). To ensure the team operate to the Safety Statement for the community, the Emergency Plan, and to support the updating of these records in line with requirements
5. Assuming the role of Health and Safety Officer for the Community and leading the local health and safety committee.
6. Monitoring compliance with fire precautions, checks, training, external contractors, and fire drills and ensuring the risk register is updated and understood by staff
7. Monitoring compliance with road safety standards for service vehicles, ensuring checks, maintenance and servicing are completed in line with requirements
8. To ensure that the practice of medication administration conforms to the requirement of the P&P''s. Report discrepancies immediately to the PIC
9. To oversee reporting and recording of all quality and safety incidents involving staff, CMSN, and visitors to the PIC and prepare all associated documentation for review by the PIC, ensuring risks are identified, assessed recorded and monitored eaffectively and reflected on the risk register
10. Ensure that systems are in place for the regular servicing and maintenance of equipment and report repairs, which are required.
11. To ensure the correct and appropriate use of equipment is maintained and overseeing that the Moving & Handling Policy is adhered to.
12. Ensuring all risk assessments/PEEPs/RP registers etc. are appropriate, reviewed, and staff understand their role in the supports to be provided to the CMSN's
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
o A minimum of a Level 7 on the QQI Framework - BA in Social Care Studies or equivalent relevant qualification in Health or Social Care or in a relevant professional discipline.
o At least 2 years management experience at a similar level of responsibility
o At least 3 years' experience in the health/social care or voluntary sector
o Detailed understanding of developments at national and sectoral level in relation to quality and safety within disability services.
o Proficient IT skills relevant to the role, to include Microsoft Office Excel, Word, SharePoint, OneDrive & Teams.
o A full drivers licence is an essential requirement
What we offer:
o Competitive salary with Sunday and Bank Holiday premiums
o Pay scales
o Career progression opportunities
o Work/life balance
o Paid annual leave
o Refer a friend scheme
o Employee Assist Programme offering advice and counselling
o Death in Service Benefit
o Paid mandatory training
o Paid travel expenses
Details of the Role:
Salary Scale: €40,764 - €48,465 - Successful candidates will start on Point 1 of this Grade €40,764 per annum.
Location: CCOI Callan - Co Kilkenny
Contract: Permanent - Fulltime 40 hours
Closing date: 9am Monday 13th March 2023
Candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted by Tuesday 14th March for Immediate Interview
Please note all posts are subject to Garda Vetting & Reference checking.
Camphill is an equal opportunities employer
Social Care - Team Leader, Callan Kilkenny jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.