Harris Computer Toronto Canada
2 months ago
Since 1988, Distributel connects Canadians to the people, passion, and priorities that matter. By constantly challenging ourselves to simplify, add utility, and humanize the ways people do business with us, we will create a valuable experience for our customers in every way.
Join an award-winning organization in its mission to provide a true alternative to Canadian consumers!
• Toronto, Ontario
About The Opportunity
The Senior System Administrator is responsible for the planning, installation, operations and support of the systems infrastructure that Network Services provides to Distributel. This is an ever-growing environment and new projects, upgrades, updates and day to day operations will expose the incumbent to a wide array of technologies.
This position involves managing performances, resources, uptime and security of the Distributel’s IT servers in a primarily Microsoft and secondarily Linux/Unix environment. This position also ensures that Corporate’s system... hardware, operation systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to Distributel’s values. This role also includes participating in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within Distributel’s enterprise technology system infrastructure, technical analysis and design, testing and rolling-out the solutions. This individual will assist IT/IS teams in the planning and development phases of their projects and provide focus on smoothing the transitions of projects from development to production by performing operations activities within the project life cycle. The System Administrator role includes being part of a team environment and providing immediate support through our Ticketing Tool, Teams, email and phone.
• Responsible for implementation, maintenance, and support of Windows Servers, Active Directory/LDAP, Windows Clusters. Azure and VMWare environments
• Incident/Request and Problem Management.
• Knowledge of Linux is an asset.
• Applying technical expertise to solve problems. Perform in depth troubleshooting of server hardware, software, carrier related issues as well as analyze and evaluate network issues.
• Design, installation, configuration, support and maintenance of IT infrastructure including data centres, server systems, network devices, and storage systems. mission-critical and high-available systems and services.
• Provide escalated level of support to NOC and support teams related to service incidents. This includes aiding to address alarms, engagement on assigned service ticket or be brought in to speak with a customer regarding a problem they’re currently facing.
• Maintaining accurate documentation and designs of systems configurations, and network and operating procedures.
• Document current and future infrastructure design and setup, deployment process, various procedures related to the failover/backup/testing solutions, etc.
• Complete and possible write up MOPs related to the implementation, modification or removal of services as it related to maintenance activities that will be executed. Follow Change Management procedures providing the relevant amount of detail. Assess impact of change activity, determine the appropriate timeframe for it to be complete.
• Security analysis, policy application and security monitoring on all systems handled within the group.
• Physical maintenance of systems as required.
• Research and make recommendations on server system administration.
• Other duties as directed by management.
Computer Skills And Software Used
• Microsoft / Linux Operating Systems
• Virtualization/Hypervisor: VMware, vSphere, Hyper-V, KVM
• Mail Servers Technologies (Postfix, anti-spam solutions, etc.)
• ESET Security Management Centre
• Service scaling and high availability solutions (load balancer, reverse proxies )
• Nagios, Cacti, Logz.io or other management/performance monitoring systems
• Scripting languages (Python, Perl, Shell scripts, etc.)
• Inventory management tools such as; NETBOX, WSUS and Lansweeper
• Networking (OSI, Ethernet, IP Networks, VPN/LAN/WAN etc.)
• Windows/Linux scripting languages (PowerShell, Bash, Python, Perl)
• Network Storage solutions and protocols (SAN/NAS/ISCSI)
• Microsoft InTune
• Kubernetes / Docker
Skills And Qualifications
• Strong interpersonal skills for effective interaction with employees, clients and third parties
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Scripting abilities
• Some Programming knowledge
• Facilitate a “service-oriented” environment while dealing with multiple users
• Ability to prioritize tasks effectively
• Ability to teach users new technology
• Ensures all inquiries and problems are handled in a courteous and professional manner
• Maintain business and technical competence through reading, education, conferences, etc.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
• College diploma or University degree in Computer Science or equivalent field of study Acceptable combinations of education and experience will be considered.
• A minimum of five (5) years experience working as a systems administrator in a service provider environment (hosted services or telecommunications provider).
• Knowledge or Certification in any of the following areas would be an asset: ITIL, ISO, Agile or Security.
Here’s What’s In It For You
Experience a wealth of opportunities that only a growing company can offer by joining a dynamic team that’s vigilantly working together towards reshaping the telecommunications landscape.
The heart and soul of our compensation program is built from the foundation of our vision, mission and values.
• Industry-leading Corporate Medical and Dental benefits program, in addition to many other perks that make Distributel a great place to work.
• RRSP contributions.
• We promote work-life balance with generous PTO.
• We provide a great work environment with organized social events.
• You’ll have opportunities for growth & development.
• We have great downtown locations and amazing people.
Distributel connects Canadians to the people, passion, and priorities that matter. Join us in our mission to provide a true alternative to Canadian consumers!
Diversity and inclusion are important at Distributel. We appreciate the uniqueness of all individuals and believe that our differences are what make us stronger. Distributel is committed to providing a workplace that ensures equal opportunities, development, and advancement for all.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION?
If your application matches the manager’s search criteria, you may be contacted for a pre-screen interview.
Due to high volumes of applications, not all applicants who submit an application will be contacted.
Diversity and inclusion are important at Distributel. We appreciate the uniqueness of all individuals and believe that our differences are what make us stronger. Distributel is committed to providing a work workplace that ensures equal opportunities, development, and advancement for all current and future employees.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly.
Powered by JazzHR
Senior System Administrator Toronto jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.