Encore Technical Solutions Inc.
Encore Technical Solutions Inc. Toronto Canada
2 months ago
Bilingual Help Desk Specialist (FRENCH / ENGLISH)
Contract to Full-time Permanent Role
Hybrid - 2 days per week in office
Must be fluent in FRENCH & ENGLISH.
The Help Desk Specialist plays a critical role in ensuring that computer systems operate properly and that end-users can effectively carry out their work. The position involves receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and resolving service requests from end-users, which may require the use of diagnostic and service desk request tracking tools, as well as providing remote and in-person technical assistance at the desktop level.
As part of the recruitment process, language proficiency testing may be administered.
• Provide first-level technical support to internal users via deskside visit, phone, email, chat, or remote-control tools.
• Monitor and respond promptly to requests received through the IT Service Desk ticket system.
• Record, track, and document all actions taken to resolve a service... desk ticket.
• Identify and escalate complex issues to the appropriate team or level of support.
• Use diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
• Utilize knowledge bases, Internet frequently asked questions, and other resources to aid in problem resolution.
• Install, configure, and maintain software applications, operating systems, client workstations, audio/video equipment, and mobile devices.
• Complete all required IT tasks for staff onboarding and offboarding.
• Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning workstations, printers, and peripherals.
• Maintain an inventory of all equipment, software, and software licenses using Inventory tracking software.
• Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends to prevent future problems.
• Participate in the development and maintenance of IT service desk policies, procedures, and knowledge base articles.
• Other duties as assigned by the Infrastructure and Operations Leader or the Manager of Information Technology.
Education, Skills, and Experience:
• College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 5 years of equivalent work experience.
• Extensive experience with Windows 10 OS or later and Mac OS Big Sur (11.0) or later.
• Extensive application support experience with Microsoft 365, French Proofing Tools, Defender 365, Endpoint, Exchange Online, Azure Active Directory, On Prem Active Directory, and Zoom.
• Experience with Service Desk ticket system and remote-control tools.
• Knowledge of IT infrastructure like Scanners, MFP Printers, Wi-Fi, VoIP Phones, VPN, Cabling, Audio Video Equipment, Laptops, Macs, and Smart Mobile Devices.
• Basic networking skills like DHCP, DNS, IP, and Firewalls.
• Working knowledge of diagnostic utilities, including ping, telnet, and NS lookup.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English and French.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
• Knowledge of ITIL or other IT service management frameworks is a plus
Bilingual Information Technology Service Desk Toronto jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.