Colleges and Institutes Canada
Colleges and Institutes Canada Ontario Canada
2 months ago
Title: Senior Systems Analyst (SSA) – Power Platform and Dynamics Specialist (PPDS), Information Technology & Systems
Classification: Program Staff III
Supervisor: Manager, Information Technology & Systems (IT&S)
Division: Corporate Services
Employment Status: Temporary, 12 months
Reporting to the Manager, IT&S, the Power Platform and Dynamics Specialist is responsible for design, development, management and continuous improvement of the Power Apps, Power Automate, and integrations with Dynamics 365 in support of CICan’s projects and programs. The PPDS leads the design of system architecture and frameworks, policies and procedures to ensure compliance requirements are met, that data is managed efficiently, and is readily available for effective analysis and reporting. The incumbent will develop new custom applications as priorities are identified, recognize potential use cases, and recommend new systems to improve efficiency and performance across the... organization.
The PPDS has access to sensitive information and must ensure a high degree of confidentiality, as the position requires day-to-day handling of personal information. All work must be performed in a manner that respect Privacy and Security Requirements.
The incumbent requires strong problem-solving skills, sound judgement and the ability to work independently – in a larger team context – while managing multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritizing work according to established and sometimes changing deadlines.
The work of the Power Platform and Dynamics Specialist is reviewed by the Manager, IT&S based on objectives and work plans set annually, in consultation with project and program staff.
Fulfill a leadership, consulting and problem-solving role with members, partners, stakeholders and CICan staff;
• Interact effectively with Association staff, senior and administrative staff from member institutions, partners and external agencies;
• Ability to function with a significant level of flexibility and autonomy, performing various and complex tasks under pressure and sometimes changing deadlines with attention to detail;
• Ability to work within a team environment and recommend results-based solutions;
• Sound judgment and tact;
• Perform various and complex functions of a responsible nature including support, analysis and development of in-house and hosted systems;
• Juggle and prioritize multiple tasks and demands simultaneously while maintaining a pleasant and service-oriented disposition;
• Take initiative in in identifying areas where information technology / management solutions could improve operational effectiveness and efficiency;
• Make efficient and effective decisions for the sustainable development and management of information technology solutions that meet stakeholder needs;
• Prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently;
• Clear, concise and effective communication ability;
• Strong customer service work ethic and attention to detail;
• Demonstrated leadership, decision-making and problem-solving capabilities;
• High degree of organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
• Well-developed analytical, diagnostic and technical trouble shooting skills as they relate to computer hardware and software;
• Have a good understanding of Colleges and Institutes Canada's goals and objectives, as well as all programs and services;
• Treat everyone fairly and equitably and maintain high ethical standards;
• Perform duties in accordance with CICan’s competencies, values and code of ethics;
• Be able to travel, domestically.
• Participate in team meetings, system reviews and work closely with technical and non-technical teams.
• Experience with Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, …) and Dynamics 365 CRM
• Lead System Administration and account management.
• Supervise web portal application usage and feedback, identify issues, and develop solutions to improve the application usability.
• Respond to email, Teams and telephone client support requests.
• Troubleshoot, triage and resolve customer support issues; providing concise details to internal teams and to the customer.
• Provide remote training and support of supported platforms and other tools.
• Support change management efforts by assisting with the development of requirements or materials needed for business cases and/or new processes and procedures.
• Develop comprehensive application testing procedures and create test scripts.
• Develop new and update existing users guides and technical documentation.
• Lead the design, development, management and continuous improvement of information technology solutions that support project and program operations, including:
• secure collaboration and productivity solutions;
• online registration systems;
• client management, document generation and reporting systems
• online conferencing / service delivery platform;
• Work closely with consultants and software development partners to effectively design, develop and implement sustainable information management solutions;
• Propose and prioritize ICT enhancements to meet changing business needs including the incorporation of staff feedback;
• Provide guidance, support to and oversight on the work of junior resources and contractors;
• Track and report team deliverables, providing feedback and recommendations to management;
• Provide support to and collaborate with information management professionals at funder departments, and other partners on projects and initiatives of common interest;
• Develop and implement policies and procedures for the use of ICT tools;
• With the support of team members, train and support project and program staff in using the ICT tools;
• Lead the development and implementation of policies, procedures to ensure that systems and information management practices align with compliance and privacy/security requirements, data accuracy standards and data governance principles;
• Coordinate and oversee the implementation and maintenance of privacy, technical and physical security requirements;
• Support, maintain, and guide the develop of systems integrations, process automations, and data management infrastructure and architecture;
• Assist in the development of strategies, plans and requirements for new projects and programs;
• Support project teams in developing appropriate strategies for system utilization, assessing requirements, researching alternatives, and guiding decision making
• Provide input to management decisions around job requirements, digital literacy and training as it relates to effective use of privacy and information technology;
• Contribute to the preparation of statistics, reports, proposals and concept papers;
• Demonstrated ability to analyze business needs and service delivery processes and identify effective information management solutions to support business operations;
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a variety of pan-Canadian stakeholders and at various levels or organizational hierarchy;
• Demonstrated research, analytical and writing abilities in the preparation of reports, concept papers and/or proposals;
• Demonstrated competence in the planning, management and implementation of projects, budgets and program-based activities ;
• Experience in the preparation of workplans, roadmaps, critical paths and reports
• Perform other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• Graduate from a post-secondary institution or an equivalent combination of education and experience in the field of computer science, software engineering or records & information management;
• A minimum of five (5) years of IT experience with Microsoft Azure, Power Platform, and Office 365 administration;
• Experience in providing technology training to non-technical staff;
• Experience maintaining, configuring, and/or customizing web applications;
• Experience providing web application user training and support to remote users;
• Experience in a full cycle of Information Technology project management
• Experience working in software development environments where version control is used to manage iterative development and deployment of solutions;
• Advanced knowledge of ‘Software as a Service’ solutions (SAAS) and experience of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
• Experience using Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM and Portal, including packaging and deploying solutions;
• Experience with Microsoft Azure, Office 365, PowerApps
• Demonstrated ability and competence to develop an application system and put it into production, including requirements gathering, analysis, design, construction, implementation, and maintenance stages;
• Knowledge of privacy and security protocols for sensitive data protection
• Knowledge of project management best practices
• Fluency in written and verbal English;
• Demonstrated ability using Microsoft Office Suite (advanced Excel).
• Experience generating Microsoft Power BI reports;
• Experience with DocuSign;
• Intercultural skills;
• Knowledge and understanding of the Canadian college system;
• Ability to comprehend and communicate in French.
To be successful in this position you will be able to exhibit our core competencies:
Agility: We thrive in a complex environment that requires nimbleness and adaptability, and we anticipate and respond to changes with quick and resourceful actions.
Inspiring Others: We motivate individuals to strive for excellence and commit to common goals and purposes, as we create a sense of self-efficacy, resilience, and persistence in others.
Integrity: We treat others fairly and respectfully, and we further the standing of the organization and its relationships of trust with our members and other stakeholders.
Collaboration: We work together, across teams and divisions, to leverage our collective expertise and talents in support of organizational success and a culture of cooperation.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and résumé in a PDF format before March 16, 2023.
CICan is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We recognize that diverse teams generate unique solutions, ideas, and perspectives. Therefore, we welcome and encourage applications from women, persons with disabilities, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour) individuals, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
Do not hesitate to contact 613-746-2222 x 5827 if you require alternative arrangements to submit your application. CICan provides accommodations during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted to proceed to the selection process, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
CICan is following local public health guidelines as we navigate the COVID-19 pandemic. When allowable to work from the office, we have a hybrid approach with individuals working from both home and the office. Depending on the requirements of the role, the opportunity may exist to work completely remotely.
It is a mandatory condition of employment that the successful candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with Government of Canada approved vaccines at least 14 days prior to start date (proof of vaccination is required or proof of accommodation pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code).
Employees who are full-time internal candidates, as defined by the Collective Agreement, will be given first consideration. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the selection process will be contacted.
CICan’s offices in Ottawa are located on the traditional and unceded territory of the Algonquin Anishinaabe Nation.
Colleges and Institutes Canada is named one the 2022 National Capital Region’s Top Employer and the proud recipient of the Non-Profit Employer of Choice Award
Senior Systems Analyst (SSA) – Power Platform and Dynamics... Ontario jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.