DANONE Fort Worth TX United States
2 months ago
About the job:
At Danone, Manufacturing the best products and supplying them to meet demand is a key driver for our plant teams...
We have an opening for an EHS Manager based in Fort Worth, TX! position is responsible for the development and execution of programs to ensure that the Company provides a safe workplace for employees and minimizes impacts to the environment. This position will lead compliance with all federal, state, and local environmental, health, and safety regulations. The incumbent will implement a sustainable environmental, health and safety management system at a plant level and drive EHS performance improvement and efficiency. This position will participate in the Danone North America EHS Leadership Network.
The incumbent is successful through strong leadership, vision, and effective management and ensure these goals in a professional atmosphere that enhances Company economic viability.
• You will develop, implement, and drive cost-effective compliance training, and regulatory safety and environmental programs.
• You will develop and implement EHS programs, policies, procedures and best practice techniques, implement new regulatory requirements, and provide control measures that reduce or eliminate risks to the Company. Implement and maintain an EHS Management Systems.
• You will conduct EHS assessments at the facility, identify areas for improvement, lead corrective actions (from plant and corporate/3rd party audits). Report EHS results to manufacturing Plant Director and Sr. Director, Environmental Health and Safety. Participate in audits of other facilities.
• You will oversee all EHS training programs and requirements.
• You will investigate injuries/illnesses, near-misses and environmental incidents.
• You will determine root cause of incidences and provide corrective action plan.
• You will manage and track injury and illness data and environmental metrics as well as lead reduction in injury and illness rates and environmental impact and costs. Serve as a champion for Sustainability projects.
• You will build proactive safety culture at plant through a WISE2 Safety Management System.
• You will create environment where employees and supervision are engaged in working safely.
• You will prepare, maintain, and comply with federal, state, and local agency environmental reporting and permitting and Corporate EHS Standards.
• You will advise on all EHS legislation and legal requirements. Ensure facility maintains ongoing compliance with OSHA/EPA requirements, safety standards, wastewater treatment plant operations, air permits and waste management practices.
• You will serve as the interface with local, state and federal agencies.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors or Masters Safety Environmental Health, Chemistry or related field required
• Must be knowledgeable with OSHA and EPA regulations
• Must have 7+ years of plant and manufacturing experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Exceptional leadership skills and ability to mentor and motivate (a real passion for EHS)
• Effective management skills.
• Serves as a change agent to drive process improvements and cultural change
• Creates alignment
• Must be adaptable and flexible.
• Works well under pressure, effectively handles conflict, strict deadlines and multiple tasks
• Ability to assess and implement EHS best practices.
• Excellent organization, recordkeeping and documentation skills
• Be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people. Is frequently called upon to handle difficult situations.
• Be able to deal with a variety of emotions and frustrations in making business decisions. Emotional stability and personal maturity are important attributes in this position.
• Be able to analyze many variables and choose the most effective course of action for the organization at any given point in time.
• Handle novel and diverse work problems on a daily basis.
• Be able to communicate and provide verbal feedback in a professional manner.
• Be able to resolve problems, handle conflict and make effective decisions under pressure. Requires public contact and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Help maintain compliance in HACCP, FQP, GMP and Safety.
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of the largest Certified B Corp™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect.
Fort Worth TX USA
Jobs in Fort Worth TX United States
Environmental, Health & Safety Manager Fort Worth, TX jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.