FHI 360 Mykolaiv Mykolaiv Oblast Ukraine
2 months ago
Almost one year after the start of the war in Ukraine, the humanitarian crisis continues to worsen. The displacement of civilians and the overall humanitarian needs are enormous. According to the UN, more than 7.9 million people have left the country to seek safety and refuge in other countries. Additionally, at least 6 million people are believed to have been displaced within Ukraine.
As a humanitarian organization, Cadus has been working in Ukraine since March ’22 to support local capacities in their emergency relief operations. In the current program, Cadus is focusing on complementing existing MedEvac capacities and provides medical training to local professionals and volunteers. As a staff member in this project, doctors, nurses and paramedics work together with staff from our local partner organizations within the field of medical evacuations.
• Deadline for applications: rolling, until recruitment is completed
• Contract duration: as soon as possible, 5-6 month
•... Salary: depending on qualification and medical background
• Duty Station: Base in Dnipro, regular deployment to eastern Ukraine
• Languages: English (fluent), Ukrainian/ Russian is an asset
Job description (in-field)
As part of this team you’ll work with one other medical professional and two other staff on an EMS. In this small team you have the full responsibility to operate the missions. This includes the preparation, the medical care of the wounded and wrapping-up the mission. The team is also responsible for the functionality and readiness of medical equipment on board of the vehicle. Despite this is not regularly required but emergencies require a high degree of flexibility also medical staff should be willing and able to drive the ambulance (requires driving licence class B). Driving with big vehicles as such is required on a regular base.
You are also expected to support the team with daily routine work and administerative processes as upon request.
• Doctors with at least two years of professional experience, preferably anaesthesiologists, internists and pediatricians, experience in emergency medicine and intensive/critical care is necessary.
• Adult or pediatric nurses, preferably with experience in intensive care medicine or ER.
• Knowledge of humanitarian principles and strong commitment to our Code of Conduct.
• Availability for at least 5 months
• Experience in remote medicine and/ or conflict zones preferred
• High level of teamwork, frustration tolerance and acceptance of existing assignment structures
• Complete Covid-19 vaccination (currently three vaccinations) + standard vaccinations recommended by the STIKO
• Passport valid for another 6 months on arrival
• International driving license class B
• A completed Hostile Environment Awareness Training (HEAT) is an advantage.
What we offer
• Fair payment
• Line Management on ground with strong connections to Berlin Backoffice
• Regular Security assessments
• Psychological Support Service
• Good deployment preparation
• Support in aquiring your visa
• Insurancepackage (Health insurance, accident- and repatriation insurance, liability insurance)
• Regular rest and recuperation phases throughout the 6 month
• Payment of travel- and accommodation costs
We explicitly seek to encourage people affected by forms of structural discrimination, to apply for positions advertised by Cadus.
How to apply
Please send us your informative application (letter of motivation, curriculum vitae and the relevant certificates and evidence) as one PDF file to [email protected].
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (nonprofit-job.com) you saw this job posting
Mykolaiv Mykolaiv Oblast Ukraine
Jobs in Mykolaiv Mykolaiv Oblast Ukraine
Health assistant Mykolaiv jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.