Alstom Cape Town South Africa
2 weeks ago
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today andtomorrow.
We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation
systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well
as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us
means joining a truly global community of more than 36 300 people dedicated to
solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with
sustainable local impact
Gibela Rail Transport Consortium invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the Maintenance Technician positions. The position will report to the Maintenance Team Leader.
The successful candidate will be based in Salt River (Cape Town)
Purpose of the Job:
It is to provide technical support to the customer during commercial service, during preventive and corrective maintenance before and after warranty and vandalism damage repairs (EMD).
Perform train preparations and execute corrective... maintenance during and after warranty.
Ensure availability & performance targets are achieved in line with Customer requirements.
The job involves frequent mobility, with work in several depots, and at times on the train corridors.
To carry out technical support and maintenance on 24/7 shift & on-call basis (night, day, weekend)
• A minimum of a National Diploma or B-Tech in Electrical and Mechanical engineering
• Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Able to communicate affectively across all levels. English fluency
Desired Knowledge / Experience
• Technical background with 2 to 3 years' experiences preferably in the railway industry
• Previous working experience in electrical and digital systems fault-finding
• Understanding of Alstom/Gibela diagnostic tools (UTM, CFM, etc) will be advantageous.
• Ability to read and understand schematics diagrams (electrical, pneumatic and software)
• Working knowledge of Quality and Health & Safety standards and systems preferable
• Install , troubleshoot, and maintain all manners of electrical components.
• Ability to train and coach the customer technicians on fault finding.
• Understanding of the Train sub-systems and reading of train schematics
• Root cause investigation of complex failures
• Right Diagnosis of the repair to be done to solve the defects.
• 24 hours repairs for any defect upon receiving the train for repairs.
• Technical performance for customer corrective and preventative team
• Continuous improvement of tasks executions
• Adhere to EHS and Quality policies.
• Demonstrate good understanding of customer- supplier relationship.
• Achievement of QCD Commitments and EHS targets
• Autonomy, teamwork and live the Gibela values.
• Support/Interface with Engineering Department for the analysis of all data coming from the field for the purposes of resolution of technical problem on the on trains.
• Reporting of all the anomalies found in commercial service and organization of the same in official reports to be sent to all company function.
• Interface with the customer and the technical fleet management to deal with all emergencies possible arising during the commercial service.
• Support the customer in corrective and preventive maintenance execution by:
• Coaching and training the customer on executing maintenance task, following procedures delivered by Gibela Engineering team upon request. Answering to all requests addressed by the customer – by call or directly at technical support desk; and
• Train preparation, all levels of diagnostic on trains/CFM or use of on-board computerized equipment/working manuals, troubleshooting guide and train system knowledge.
• Train new members of the team
• Obtain and maintain a Depot Track Competence license.
• Drive company vehicles when required and applicable
• Report accidents/incidents, and the work done to repair the Trains.
• Read technical reports and manuals as and when required.
• Attend regular team operational briefings.
• Adhere to Company policies and procedures including Quality and Health & Safety.
• Undertake other duties as specified by the Depot Manager and Team Leader
• Carry out train preparation, all levels of diagnostic and work arising involving the use of onboard computerized equipment/working manuals, troubleshooting guides and train system knowledge.
• Carry out such work in accordance with strict Health & Safety procedures as laid down by legislation and the Company Health & Safety policies.
• Troubleshoot and repair the GIBELA Rolling Stock, in line with specified Quality procedures. This will require Manual work and sometimes working on powered up trains in a safe and controlled manner.
• Assist the Reliability team and the Field Engineer to understand the root cause of complex failures.
Preference will be given to candidates that are based in Western Cape.
Closing Date: 10 March 2023
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where
diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their
careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full
potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals
Cape Town South Africa
Jobs in Cape Town South Africa
Maintenance Technician TSSA Cape Town jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.