Careem Pakistan Pakistan
3 weeks ago
At Careem we are led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve lives in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan. We're pioneering the development of innovative services to aid the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
We're in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We’re well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber... Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries.
About the Big Data Platform Team
The Careem Big Data Platform team’s mission is to provide a platform to abstract big data complexities and enable fast, reliable and secure access to data. As a member of this team, you will be at the forefront of fulfilling this mission. You will be working with the top talent of the region, leveraging modern big data tools and techniques to solve the region’s day to day problems, on top of our own in-house data platform, serving users in real-time.
This role will be part of the Data Access and Analytics platform team. We are heavily invested in open source technologies like Apache Trino, Apache Pinot, Apache Superset etc. You would also have an opportunity to contribute and collaborate with the open source community.
What you’ll need
• 4+ years of professional software development experience.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other related technical field.
• Prior experience developing distributed systems or working on similar projects.
• Extensive software development experience with Java, or similar programming languages.
• Demonstrated experience with software engineering and design best practices.
• Appreciation for creating maintainable, performant, and high quality software as part of a fun, high-performing global team
What you’ll do
• Design, Develop and Operate core components of Data Analytics Platform and Data Visualization Platform.
• Your focus will be on making code more efficient to run, optimizing resources across the cluster, and speeding up the compute workloads we face
• Continuously improve our engineering processes, tests, and systems that allow us to scale the code base and productivity of the team
• Collaborate with teams globally and operate in a fast paced environment
Great to have
• Prior experience with cloud control plane (AWS, GCP etc) or database internals such as query optimization
• Experience contributing to open source software
• Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is preferred.
What we'll provide you
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
• Be part of a hybrid working environment
• Work from any country in the world for 30 days a year
• Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
• Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
• Work and learn from great minds
• Create impact in a region with untapped potential
• Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day
Software Engineer II - Data Platform Pakistan jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.