Rio Tinto Singapore Singapore
2 weeks ago
Manager, Market Development and Strategy, Pacific, Metals and Minerals
• Be part of one of the world's largest Metal, Minerals and Materials Groups
• Be a leader in the energy transition, de-carbonization, ESG evolution and digital transformation
• Create products and solutions that drive and materialize a Green/transparent and traceable future
• Be the creative arm for commercial solutions that cater to end user requirements and lead the thinking of how materials can help deliver the energy transition
• START the journey towards the future with us as we materialize possibilities
• Based in Singapore, global commercial hub for Rio Tinto
As the world’s second largest metal and mining group, Rio Tinto is a global company with footprint in ~35 countries and 60 locations. It is a leading voice in the metals and minerals sector on ESG, Digital offers, strategic partnerships and marketing and thought leadership. The commercial strategy is primarily designed around... customer centricity, shift from selling to solutions and in partnership with supply chain partners accelerate the journey towards de-carbonization, energy transition and green solution provider.
To see the journey we are on, click on the link below:
To materialize the energy transition the world is on, we want leaders who can help shape this future and think differently to position Rio Tinto as the partner of choice for our customers, end users and consumers. We materialize possibilities.
About the role
As the Manager, Market Development and Strategy, Pacific, you will have a strong focus on developing market opportunities and strategic partnerships across multi-commodity value chain such as Aluminium, Borates, Copper, Lithium, Salt, and Titanium dioxide. Building solutions for the endusers while advocating for the use of Rio Tinto products in the process, with alignment to the Commercial strategy and ESG and sustainability objectives. Join this fast paced team that is accountable for driving the external industrial strategy of the company for and with our customers and supply chains. Rio Tinto Commercial is committed to being the partner of choice for the Green Future and this role will support establishing clear pathways to put this vision into action.
Reporting to the Director of Market Development & Strategy, Pacific, Metals and Minerals:
• Lead the strategy process for APAC region by working with the entire value chain to develop coherent and cohesive Go-To-Market Strategies by analysing commercial, industry, technical and financial data to support value creating business opportunities, decisions and strategic directions. This includes definition of product and service portfolios, distribution methods, key market and customer segments, customer value propositions and narratives.
• Develop ideas, cultivate leads and build network in target industries and value chain in APAC region, and drive engagement for market development in accordance with the Go-To-Market Strategies and priorities. Ensure target companies profiles and personas are adequately researched, and strategic approach is considered based on the business environment the targets are working, to bring the engagement to execution stage.
• Be the voice of the industry and value chain for the broader internal stakeholders on key strategic interactions, ensuring the strategies are well embedded in the way we develop offerings, the way we develop the market/customers and the way we differentiate ourselves via technical and innovative services
• Work as part of global Metals & Minerals Marketing team, liaise with the Atlantic Market Development and Strategy teams, generating constant sharing and feedback loop on the market development progress and cross-regional collaboration. Collaborate with the Technical Marketing and Product Development teams to capture broader interests in the target customers’ organisation.
• Support senior and executive management on business reporting activities and synthesis of information for communication
• Create, join or enhance industry wide thought leadership movement
What you will need for the role
To succeed in this role, you will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Commerce, or equivalent is required.
• MBA will be beneficial.
• Strong strategic and commercial acumen with at least 8-12 years of prior experience in commercial strategy or sales & marketing, preferably in metals and minerals upstream or downstream industries.
• Ability to present strategic ideas in a simple and digestible manner
• Ability to effectively navigate ambiguity and change context to develop workable and sustainable solutions
• Influencing skills with the ability to translate strategic and technical content into actionable insights
• Possesses innate curiosity, observes empathetically and enjoys creatively-driven problem solving, not taking “no” as failure but as an opportunity
• Ability in navigating and operating successfully in a matrix organisation for effective stakeholder engagement in a multicultural context, and business partnering skills being key requisites.
• Competencies in collaboration, listening, ability to receive and provide feedback in a positive manner and embodiment of Rio Tinto behaviours will be required
• Ability to travel
What we offer
• A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
• A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
• A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
• Comprehensive medical benefits including health insurance for employees and immediate family
• Attractive share ownership plan
• Company provided insurance cover
• Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
• Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto Commercial puts the company’s value over volume approach into practice, with the goal of maximizing the value of our physical flows to improve both our business and that of our customers. Headquartered in Singapore, and integrated with Rio Tinto’s assets, hubs, and offices globally, our Commercial group works hand-in-hand with our product groups to ensure both the amount and types of products we produce meet our customer’s needs, and manage the trade-off between volumes, quality, cost and capital expenditure.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Application Deadline: 17th March 2023 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove job postings prior to the stated closing date)
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
Rio Tinto does not accept unsolicited CVs or candidate profiles from recruiters or employment agencies. Rio Tinto will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to unsolicited CVs or candidate profiles. Rio Tinto reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited CVs or candidate profiles, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Rio Tinto
Manager - Market Development and Strategy (Pacific, Metals and... Singapore jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.