Sustainable Peace Foundation
Sustainable Peace Foundation Mosul Iraq
2 months ago
Sustainable Peace Foundation (SPF) is an Iraqi Non-governmental Organization (NGO) striving to build and sustain peace through vertical and horizontal approaches and participatory methods; addressing root causes of tensions and conflicts challenging positive peace in Iraq. SPF strives to achieve this by working on the grassroots level to reinstate and strengthen the lost trust between Iraq’s diverse ethno-religious communities; increase community resilience, empower and build the capacities of the very effected communities so they can mitigate and transform conflicts through dialogue and non-violent means.
SPF strives to achieve these objectives by working with vulnerable groups such as, youth, women and girls, people with special needs and IDPs through developing their capacities to take leadership roles and to actively participate in the peace and reconciliation processes; economically empower communities by offering them vocational trainings and providing them... with livelihood means to ensure stability and a dignified living standard.
SPF also strives to engage local authority and security actors with the local communities through advocacy, round table dialogue sessions and developing local peace mechanisms and structures capable to acts as soundboards conveying their communities’ needs and challenges. Another pillar of SPF’s efforts is to support and capacitate Iraq’s civil society for example, SPF provides the technical coordination and the secretariat of Nineveh Peace Forum, which SPF is one of its founding members.
SPF also provides consultations for local and international NGOs on peacebuilding and social cohesion programming, such as: context analysis, needs assessments, actor and service mapping etc.
SPF focuses on minority protection, but through its Do-no-Harm approach, which ensures that SPF programming and implementation creates cohesion instead of doing any unintended harm.
The Arts for Peace project is implemented in West Mosul and Hamdaniyya district and it objective is to capacitate young men and women on creative and performing arts so they can actively contribute to healing of GBV survivors through art therapy and engage their peers and local communities to tackle toxic masculinity, GBV and child marriage.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and design context specific and tailored training material on art therapy for 2 x 3-day ToT workshop on art therapy;
• Provide training for the 2 x 3-day ToT workshop on art therapy;
• Develop and design pre and post evaluation assessment for the 2 x 3-day ToT workshop on art therapy;
• Prepare and submit a detailed report, outlining the outcomes of the training, recognised gaps and recommendations, for each of the 2 x 3-day ToT workshop on art therapy;
• Develop and design supervision tools for project management staff so that they can effectively supervise therapy sessions;
• Liaise and coordinate with the project management staff to ensure effective implementation of the project.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Must have a bachelor’s degree or higher in the field of Art Therapy;
• Years of experience:3 years experience in the field of Art Therapy and working with GBV survivors, preferably within the NGOs sector;
• Strong written and oral communication skills;
• Register and certified Art Therapist;
• Group leadership experience.
• This position will be working directly with female participants/beneficiaries, so female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
Interested applicants must apply by submitting a CV and a cover letter specifically highlighting their eligibility for this position, which should be emailed to [email protected].
Applicants should have ‘Art Therapist – Nineveh’ as the subject of their email, emails without having ‘Art Therapist – Nineveh’ as their email subject will not be considered.
Emails without a cover letter will not be considered and the cover letter must highlight the candidate’s eligibility for this position, applications with generic cover letters will not be considered.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting
Art Therapy Instructor Mosul jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.