QBE Insurance Group Limited
QBE Insurance Group Limited Melbourne VIC Australia
3 months ago
Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee
Senior Actuarial Analyst
Location: Flexible (Within Australia)
Type: Permanent, Full-Time Position
At QBE, our purpose is to enable a more resilient future.
We're an international insurer and reinsurer with a local presence in 27 countries.
Leveraging our deep expertise and insights, QBE offers commercial, personal and specialty products and risk management solutions to help people and businesses manage risks, build strength and embrace change to their advantage.
We've been cultivating resilience since 1886, when our founders started a marine insurance company in Townsville, Australia to give early pioneers a safeguard against uncertainty.
Today, we employ more than 11,600 people around the world, and our product portfolio includes property, motor, crop, energy, marine and aviation insurance.
The actuarial community at QBE Insurance is full of experienced professionals who are incredibly passionate... and dedicated to making a significant contribution to the way we operate our business. This is your opportunity to join this great community in the role of Senior Actuarial Analyst in the Pricing team. You will perform actuarial or pricing calculations to assist the relevant business units within Workers Compensation and CTP in obtaining and managing profitable business by leading and conducting analytical work, under the direction of more experienced actuaries/pricing specialists.
• Develop relationships with internal stakeholders
• Demonstrate deep understanding of the business unit and QBE support functions
• Develop broader awareness of industry issues
• Conduct actuarial or pricing research as required, including preparing, manipulating, and interpreting data and technical pricing models, under the direction of a Manager
• Responsible for carrying out assignments or projects, performing actuarial analysis, investigations and modelling, including helping to guide an Analyst
• Maintain and improve existing data and modelling processes, and design and build new data and modelling processes that are repeatable and sustainable
Your story so far
You have completed the Actuaries Institute's Part II course or are a nearly qualified Actuary. Your experience will include at least three years of proven Actuarial pricing expertise within General Insurance, and are ready to take the next step in your career with a leading global insurer known for providing career development and progression opportunities.
You have exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills and an ability to generate outside of the box creative solutions rather than following precedence. You will also have strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and can utilise these to liaise with stakeholders at varying levels across the business to influence best practice outcomes.
We are here to support you
We offer a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstances. As a QBE employee you will have access to and benefit from:
• 'Hybrid Working' - a mix of working from home and in the office to enhance your work/life balance
• Our 'Thriving at Our Best' wellbeing program, including free holistic wellbeing coaching, nutritional, confidential counselling, financial and legal advice
• 12 weeks' gender-equal flexible leave for all new parents, including paid super
• The ability to maximise retirement savings through voluntary super contributions and company matching
• Income protection insurance & reimbursed Death and Total Permanent Disability insurance premiums
• Additional leave and support through QBE's Family Domestic Violence First Responder Network
• Discounts on insurance products, car hire, hotels, goods and services including benefits through our various sports and arts sponsorship partners
We value our employee's experience with us and are proud to have been recognised for the following awards:
• 2021 LinkedIn Top Employer & HRD Employer of Choice
• 2020 Best Workplace Diversity & Inclusion and Excellence Award for Best Health & Wellbeing at the Australian HR Awards
• Gold Employer status for 2019-2022 Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) - the definitive national benchmark on LGBTQI+ workplace inclusion
• Ranked 6th place in the AAGE Top Graduate Employers 2021 as voted by graduates
• Top 20 Workplaces for Dads in 2019 and 2020 (HBF Direct Advice for Dads)
• Family Friendly Accredited since 2021
Click APPLY to submit your application. Successful applicants will need to complete work rights, police and credit checks through our online provider as a condition of employment.
QBE takes a risk and compliance approach to COVID-19 vaccination and strongly encourages our employees to be vaccinated. Some roles require COVID-19 vaccination to perform the role. When relevant we will ask you to share your vaccination status as part of the application process. We won't be able to progress with applications where candidates choose not to disclose their status for roles that require vaccination in line with our risk and compliance approach.
QBE recognise the value of diverse perspectives and experience. We are committed to an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected for who they are. If we can provide support with access requirements, alternative work arrangements or you would like to connect with one of our networks please contact us at [email protected].
Application Close Date: 26/02/2023 11:59 PM
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates
Melbourne VIC Australia
Jobs in Melbourne VIC Australia
Senior actuarial analyst Melbourne VIC jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.