Spectrum Ireland Ireland
3 months ago
We currently have a vacancy for a Child & Adolescent Psychotherapist in our Lucan Pieta centre.
Salary: €30 per hour
Location: Lucan Road, Lucan, Dublin K78 HK88
Position Type: Permanent
Contract options available:
25 hours per week over 5 days
20 hours per week over 4 days
15 hours per week over 3 days
10 hours per week over 2 days
• *Shifts are 5 consecutive hours with max 4 clients per day. One hour is allocated for related administrative duties. Hours will be fixed and negotiated with Lead Therapist. Evening & Saturday work may be required depending on the centre requirements.
Centre Opening Hours:
Mon - Fri: 9am to 9pm
Sat: 9am to 2pm
Role & Responsibilities:
Reporting directly to the Lead Therapist the role of the Child & Adolescent Psychotherapist is to provide professional and compassionate therapeutic support to children & adolescents who are in suicidal or self-harm crisis, and those bereaved by suicide.
• Conduct face to face risk & suitability assessments and... implement risk management plans as appropriate
• Provide evidence informed, brief, strengths based & goal focused interventions
• Work in accordance with Pieta’s Policies, Procedures and Guidelines
• Liaise and consult with other professionals in supporting the client as required
• Maintain accurate, confidential records of practice using Salesforce
• Attend external clinical supervision twice per month (paid by Pieta) and attend group supervision internally in Pieta once per month
• Contribute to research, audit and evaluation of the service as required
• Maintain professional and personal boundaries
• Participate in team meetings and attend other meetings as deemed necessary
• Share information with the Lead Therapist, Regional Manager, Pieta team and other services as appropriate in accordance with good practice
Education, Skills & Experience Required:
• A recognized qualification at Level 8* on the NQAI framework in Counselling / Psychotherapy or a Level 9 in Counselling Psychology. *(A recognised Level 7 in Counselling & Psychotherapy obtained pre-2018 will be accepted)
• Be a fully accredited Psychotherapist / Counselling Psychologist with IACP, BACP, IAHIP, FTAI, IAPTP, APPI, APCP, NAPCP, PSI or ICP
• Experience working with clients aged under 18 years old is essential - training/qualification this area is required
• Knowledge of Brief Solution Focused Interventions, CBT etc.
• Ability to reflect on practice in order to facilitate personal learning, professional development and service improvement
• Demonstrate great warmth and the ability to empathize
• Strong interpersonal & communication skills
• Ability to work co-operatively as part of a team
• Strong time management skills and capacity to prioritize competing demands
• Ability to foster good working relationships with external agencies and organisations
• Ability to fulfil obligations as per the Children First Act 2015
• Note: Garda Vetting is required (of the successful candidates) for all positions.
• 2 paid days to attend a course relevant to your role in Pieta and €150 contribution towards a CPD course
• Entitlement to 2x paid supervision (independent) sessions per month up to a maximum of €70 per session
• Occupational pension scheme (Upon completion of probation period)
• Travel pass & bike to work schemes
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Employee discounts
• Supportive team environment with monthly in house group supervision and Pieta Way training for all new starters
Applications for the above should be made through our website or via email, attaching a cover letter outlining your location, contract preference and particular suitability to the role with an updated Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] by 6th March 2023.
PIETA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.