Prosperity Workforce Solutions
Prosperity Workforce Solutions Edmonton Turkey
2 months ago
Prosperity Workforce Solutions is searching for Mental Health Nurses on behalf of their client, a national company that is a leader in providing mental health support to the military and their veterans.
The Mental Health Nurse will be responsible for assessment, nursing diagnosis, development and implementation of a care plan, and evaluation of mental health nursing care. They will provide crisis intervention and counselling and life skills programming to clients in the mental health clinic. They will act as a member of the health care team working in the Mental Health Service Delivery, which includes Psychosocial Services (PSS), Mental Health Services (MHS) or the Operational Trauma Stress and Support Centers (OTSSC). Nurse - Mental Health receive clients through self-referrals, referrals from other health care providers, or referrals from clients’ family, friends, or supervisor. Their work includes walk-in and scheduled appointments with individuals or family and group therapy... sessions.
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Employment Type: Full-time (37.5 hours per week) and Part Time (22.5 hours per week) until March 31st, 2024; high possibility of extension
Clinic Hours: Monday to Friday (7:30 AM – 4:00 PM)
What You Will Be Doing:
• Providing direct client care and interventions based on the prescribed treatment plan consistent with psychiatric illness and diagnosis in the Diagnostic and Statistics Manual of Mental Health Disorders Version V (DSM-V);
• Monitoring client progress and evaluate the treatment plan and revising the treatment plan based on the clients’ progress.
• Providing supportive counselling that is evidence-based and corresponds with professional best practices such as Cognitive Behavioral therapy, Solution Focused therapy, Strengths Perspectives, and Motivational therapy.
• Teaching relaxation training, as well as stress and anger management to individuals and groups;
• Providing support and health education for members, their support networks and others associated with their care.
• Monitoring medications for therapeutic responses and provide client education on medications including purpose, proper administration, intended effects and side effects.
• Providing brief interventions to clients in acute distress and ensure the client has full access to internal and external health care services.
• Participating in inter-disciplinary team meetings related to clinical care and service delivery by presenting clients’ case and providing status updates.
• complete deployment health related activities, such as pre-deployment and/or enhanced post-deployment interviews.
• Providing recommendations to the client’s primary care provider on employment limitations based on the clinical interpretation of the client’s health status.
• Designing or revise PowerPoint presentations for psycho-educational sessions such as anger or stress management and relaxation.
Who You Are:
• A Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with a minimum of three-years of experience within the last five years in nursing practice performing a variety of mental health nursing activities such as supportive psychotherapy, cognitive behavioural therapy, solution-focused therapy, counselling, and crisis intervention or management in an adult community setting to clients suffering from mental illnesses or psycho-social difficulties.
• You hold either a Bachelor of Nursing Science Degree, with either a certificate in Mental Health Nursing or certifications in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing from the Canadian Nurses Association (CNA); OR
• You hold a Bachelor of Science in Psychiatric Nursing or Bachelor of Psychiatric Nursing Degree from a recognized University and possess a practice permit/license from the province of practice
Flexible Language Requirement:
• French not required
• Day shift
• Bachelor's Degree (required)
• Registered Nurse (RN) License (required)
Work Location: One location
Certificate of Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider or equivalent such as Cardio-pulmonary Resuscitation/Automated External Defibrillator (CPR/AED) Level C. Annual recertification is required
Mental Health Nurse Edmonton jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.