Bedard - Human Resources | Ressources humaines
Bedard - Human Resources | Ressources humaines Montreal Canada
3 months ago
A law firm specialized in commercial and tax litigation is looking for a management ace to ensure the support for the success of a multitude of legal files. If you are known as a resourceful and rigorous person who knows all legal terminology, a wide range of professionals are waiting for you. Our client, who has been in business law for over 30 years, is looking for a reliable and dedicated person to fill a legal assistant position for their law firm in downtown Montreal. Reporting to the Head of Department, the person will be responsible for supporting the partners in litigation.
• Prepare, draft and review procedures as well as other legal documents.
• Open al new files.
• Finalize final proceedings and court filings.
• Follow up for procedural timeframes.
• Follow up with clients, bailiffs and court representatives.
• Manage files and documents.
• Answer calls and emails from layers.
• Assist lawyers in prioritizing their agenda.
• Maintain employee relations database.
•... Prepare expense reports.
• Support lawyers in all aspects of business development.
• Support lawyers and the entire team in all other duties related to the position.
• If you are ready to take on new challenges, we would like to meet you!
• 5-minute walk from McGill Metro.
• Benefits package fully paid by the employer
• Group insurance offered from the 1st day.
• Hybrid work mode offered by the employer (40% telework and 60% presential)
• Vacations negotiable according to experience
• Company that cares about its employees
• Continuous training related to the job, paid by the employer
• DCS in Paralegalism or ACS in Legal Secretarial or Office Automation.
• At least 1 to 3 years of experience in the legal field.
• Extensive knowledge of litigation procedures in Quebec, an asset.
• Knowledge of procedures in the Federal Court, Tax Court of Canada and Supreme Court of Canada (an asset).
• Being French-English bilingual, especially written to meet the needs of the bilingual clientele.
• Extensive knowledge of the Office Suite.
• Have initiative and organization.
• Be thorough in their work.
• Be versatile and enjoy teamwork.
• Ability to manage priorities and work under tight deadlines.
• Be meticulous.
Apply for the job
All fields are required
Advisor for this position
Send a message
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.