Homerton Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
Homerton Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust London United Kingdom
2 months ago
An exciting opportunity on the Homerton Healthcare Band 6 General Physiotherapy rotation has arisen, working in the vibrant and diverse borough of City and Hackney. The rotation spans acute, community and outpatient services covering a wide range of conditions across the patient pathway. As a member of the Homerton Healthcare Therapy Department you will be given the opportunity and support to broaden your knowledge base, physiotherapy skills and professional development, as well as developing your supervision and leadership skills.
The post-holder will provide specialist physiotherapy for a wide range of patients requiring assessment and rehabilitation in inpatient, outpatient, and community environments and participate in ongoing service evaluation and development.
Main Duties Include
• Perform specialist physiotherapy assessment of patients with diverse presentations and complex physical and psychological conditions, providing a diagnosis and developing and delivering an... individualised treatment programme.
• Set goals for patients and evaluate using appropriate outcome measures for service area.
• Communicate effectively with patients, who frequently present with sensory, cognitive and/or mental impairments, using a range of verbal and non-verbal communication strategies/tools, to gain informed consent to progress treatment and rehabilitation programmes.
• Manage and effectively prioritise allocated clinical caseload using criteria appropriate to team.
• Liaise with members of the multidisciplinary team and other agencies to ensure effective communication and planning of patient care.
• Liaise with families and formal and informal carers to effect safe and effective care.
Homerton Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust is a high performing and flourishing organisation serving the population of Hackney, East London, The City and beyond.
We are extremely proud of the fact that Homerton Hospital has recently attained the highest possible rating of "Outstanding" from the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
Our integrated Trust provides comprehensive hospital and community health services for its local population and a range of specialist services for a wider group of patients. In addition, the Trust manages services out of St Leonard's Hospital and the Mary Seacole Nursing Home.
Homerton aims to ensure equality and value diversity, and we are committed to inclusion for all of our staff. This is reflected in our policies, procedures and People Plan. All of our staff are expected to embody our Trust values at all times.
We are also committed, through our Fair Recruitment Standards, to ensuring all applicants are treated fairly.
Homerton has a proud tradition of supporting and developing its staff, including its well-regarded and valued nursing community, and all staff are able to take advantage of a great range of benefits.
Homerton is proud to have been included on the HSJ & Nursing Times Best Places to Work list.
For further details / informal visits contact: Name: Anna Young Job title: Deputy Head of Service and Physiotherapist Email address: [email protected] Telephone number: 02076834928
Specialist Rotational Physiotherapist London jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.