Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Spain Spain
2 months ago
Here at Thermo Fisher Scientific, our industry-leading scale means unparalleled commercial reach, unique customer access and a global footprint. Our broad customer base, from research, clinical to commercial production means you can have a broad and significant impact. All while working in an environment where you will be supported, valued and rewarded for your performance. Join our Sales & Marketing team with an unmatched depth of capabilities and help our customers solve some of the world's toughest challenges.
Location/Division Specific Information
Discover Impactful Work: this position is responsible for the sales of research products and services within a defined segment/territory, serving customers engaged in research and development within the Academic segment. Maintains effective customer relations, develops opportunities for growth within an existing customer base, and assures market penetration and profitability while achieving sales and profit... forecasts.
A day in the Life:
• Work to drive Academic specific product sales, to support supplier partnerships and actively promote core products and valuable services
• Develop and implement a strategic and tactical sales plan for your specified territory to ensure revenue and gross margin objectives are met by using company defined financial models.
• Maintain effective customer relationships and assure continued market penetration
• Identify and satisfy customer requirements by detecting valued business opportunities.
• Establish relationships with key suppliers and acquire improved terms to increase profitability to the company
• Use communication and influencing skills to efficiently use internal resources and improve selling time
• Leverage to develop the territory pipeline and optimize territory coverage.
Keys to Success:
• Bachelor's degree in any Science & equivalent work experience
• Written and spoken English skills
• Computer proficiency in MS Office, Social Media and SFDC
• 3+ years of sales experience, preferably in laboratory equipment, consumables and/or chemicals
• Desirable experience within a Matrix environment to work effectively with multiple collaborators, to handle both ambitious requirements and concurrent project activity
• Full driver's license and willing to travel (up to 80% of time) to customer locations and to attend regional as well as national meetings
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Understanding of the current marketplace of laboratory equipment, consumables and/or chemicals in Academic customers
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills
• Good time management, strategic selling and negotiating skills.
• Confident personality, able to successfully connect with customers across a range of settings including one-to-one meetings, exhibitions and formal presentations
• Optimally perform your duties while acting at all times in accordance with the Dignity at Work Policy, Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and our values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. A one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
• This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.