College of Health Sciences, University of Buraimi
College of Health Sciences, University of Buraimi Al Buraimi Oman
3 months ago
Vacancy: College of Health Sciences (CoHS), University of Buraimi (UoB) Oman.
Lecturer/Assistant/Associate Professor in: Nursing/Optometry/Occupational Health and Safety
The University of Buraimi (UoB) is a growing University with four expanding colleges. College of Health Sciences (CoHS) is one of the core colleges offering Nursing/Optometry/Occupational Health and Safety programs. The CoHS programs support the mission of the university which provides a learner-centered environment through innovative education, research and community engagement that contributes to life enhancement with local and global partnerships.
The successful candidate is expected to be a highly motivated individual with extensive teaching and research expertise, and a recognized thought-teacher who will continue the transformation and delivery of UoB's teaching and research mission.
Main responsibilities (in brief):
· Develop courses within the field of study.
· Teach undergraduate... course/s as assigned by HoD.
· Design students' assessments (theory and practice).
· Supervise and evaluate students Research Graduation Projects.
· Supervise, and evaluate students during clinical practice sessions and in the clinical areas where applicable.
· Provide academic advising to students.
· Perform other administrative and academic duties as assigned by the HoD.
· Work in university/faculty committee such as curriculum, research, community engagement, etc.
· Conduct/publish research studies in relevant peer-reviewed journals.
· Remain current in the field of study.
· Adhere to UoB professional standard of practice.
· Promote collegiality among the member of work profession.
Contribute to curriculum development/improvement, accreditation process, partnership, strategic planning, and quality management. Essential Requirements:
· PhD in the field of specialization from a recognized university (Assistant/Associate Professor).
· Master's degree in the field of specialization from a recognized university (lecturer)
· The Masters and the Bachelor degrees must be from the same specialization (all candidates).
· Teaching/research experience for at least 2-3 yrs. for the post of lecturer; 3-4 for Assistant professor; and 4-5 yrs. for Associate professor.
· Omani Candidates shall be given priority in recruitment.
· Publications in peer reviewed journals.
Pass the licensure exam of Oman (healthcare specializations only). Remarks:
Qualified candidates who are eager to join UOB, are requested to submit CV/resume and photo to and . The vacancy remains open till filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, for more details about UOB you can visit our website http://www.uob.edu.om All candidates' credentials will adhere to/be attested by the Omani Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation. Application Deadline: 12/31/2021 Expected Start Date: 2/1/2022
Al Buraimi Oman
Lecturer/assit/asso. Professor In: Nurs/optometry/occupational Health Al Buraimi jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.