Yeovil Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Yeovil Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Yeovil United Kingdom
2 months ago
Are you considering a career in Trauma and Orthopaedics but aren’t sure of your next steps after completing your F2 year?
Why not join us at Yeovil Hospital?
We have two Trust Foundation Year 3 posts available from 2nd August 2023.
Foundation Year 3 is a trust initiative designed to help enhance the knowledge and skills of Doctors who have completed F1 & F2 and are interested in a career in Trauma and Orthopaedics.
These posts offer excellent opportunities to enhance your CV in preparation for commencing specialty training. Although these are not UK training posts, the posts offer similar benefits as those for recognised Deanery training posts.
Successful post holders will have access to study leave, teaching, educational and clinical supervisors and the opportunity to take part in Quality Improvement Projects. There will also be access to e-portfolio to document work based assessments and reflect learning.
• The post holder will be responsible for the admission... clerking and day-to-day care of patients on the two Orthopaedic wards and any outlying wards as required.
• You will attend daily trauma meetings, ward rounds, clinics and operating sessions as required.
• A dedicated education week is scheduled to provide protected time for theatre and clinic activities.
• The post will take part in the Hospita[email protected] rotation covering both Orthopaedics and General Surgery.
General Roles And Responsibilities
• To participate in audits and current research projects. These are available through individual Consultants.
• To attend the active postgraduate programme with weekly lectures, radiology, medical and pathology meetings and medical unit presentations.
• To participate in the teaching of Foundation Doctors at the bedside as well as to Medical Students.
• During the term of the appointment the post holder might be required to attend other Hospitals within the Trust if so requested by the supervising consultant.
• To maintain a good working relationship with existing staff members in the hospital.
• To perform duties in occasional emergencies and unforeseen circumstances at the request of the appropriate Consultant in conjunction, where practicable, with their colleagues both senior and junior.
Yeovil District Hospital and Musgrove Park Hospital (Somerset NHS Foundation Trust) are currently in the process of merging to become one single Trust, offering combined health care service to the population of Somerset. Our aim is to offer harmonious patient and workforce experiences across both sites, offering the same standard of care to our patients.
Yeovil District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is a modern hospital surrounded by stunning countryside with good transport links to cities such as Bath, Bristol, Exeter and is just over two hours from London, with a 40 minute drive to the coast.
We are an ambitious Trust with a family feel and our vision is to care for our patients as if they are one of our family. Our aim is for our Trust to be a fundamental part of a vibrant, sustainable, and collaborative healthcare community; patients’ first choice for acute health care, founded on a reputation of quality, safety and compassion. Running a highly-successful quality improvement initiative, we aim to drive innovation with patient-centred thinking.
Our iCARE model, which has established the principles of exemplary patient care and patient experience, has attracted national interest and is embedded in everything we do.
For further details / informal visits contact: Name: Mr Oliver Donaldson Job title: Consultant in Trauma and Orthopaedics Email address: [email protected] Telephone number: 01935 384597
Trust F3 Doctor in Trauma and Orthopaedics Yeovil jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.