Great Ormond Street Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Great Ormond Street Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Dartford United Kingdom
2 months ago
• The vacancy has arisen as a result of retirement.
• The administrative base of the team is at Archery House in Little Brook Hospital site.
• The team is part of the North Kent hub and covers Dartford, Gravesend and Swanley areas with a population of around 240k.
• The team currently has approximately 40 patients on its case list and receives around 6 new referrals per week.
• The operating hours is Apply.
The post-holder will carry no responsibility for inpatients
Main duties of the job
• Clinical Duties of the post holder
• To provide psychiatric care to patients referred to the DGS MHLD sector.
• To provide medical input to the Multidisciplinary MHLD Team
• Availability to act as Section 12(2) approved doctor for the purpose of Mental Health Act assessments - where approved. If not approved then to work towards Section 12(2) approval
• To ensure effective liaison occurs between MHLD, mental health services and the acute hospital, and also with other agencies in the... voluntary and statutory sectors as appropriate
Working for our organisation
kent and Medway NHS Trust is one of the larger Mental Health Trusts based in Kent South East England.
We are committed to your professional development
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
There is one major outpatient clinic on a Tuesday and this is for new cases and reviews. The team case load is around 40 with an average of two referrals weekly. The post holder may see one new case a week.
Patients who are able to use the acute inpatient facilities do so and are managed by the inpatient consultant and her team. There is an expectation for the post holder to liaise and check progress and offer ID specific advice if required.
Patient with complex needs who require inpatient care are provided for outside the organization and purchased as when required.
The team is also supported by a CRHT service, which deals with all crisis referrals from 9am to 9pm with an on-call service thereafter. The CRHT Team deals with all emergency Mental Health Act referrals and A&E liaison calls.
• MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
• MRCPsych or a specialist qualification from an EU country that complies with EU directive 2005/36/EU
• Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
• Approved Section 12 or able to achieve within 6 months of appointment
• In good standing with GMC with respect to warnings and conditions in practice
• Holds and will use valid UK driving licence OR provides evidence of proposed alternative.
Clinical skills, knowledge & Experience
• At least 4 years postgraduate experience, including at least 2 years in core psychiatry training programme
• Good knowledge in specialty
• Good clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
• Good oral and written communication skills in English
• Postgraduate experience in specialty
Academic skills & lifelong learning
• Participated in continuous professional development
• Able to use and appraise clinical evidence
• Has actively participated in clinical audit
• Able to deliver undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training
• Reflected on purpose of CPD undertaken
• Participated in research or service evaluation
Professional & personal qualities
• Shows empathy and sensitivity
• Copes under pressure
• Works co-operatively in a multi-disciplinary team
• Evidence of annual appraisal and commitment to appraisal and revalidation
• Manages own time, workload and prioritises work
• Able to use electronic records and use IT for email, internet and office software
• Reflects on own performance and behaviour, seeking and acting on feedback
• Shows commitment to quality through knowledge of quality improvement and lean thinking methodology OR able to achieve within one year of appointment
• Able to deputise for consultant psychiatrist
• Knowledge of structure and management of the NHS and the Trust
Jobs in Dartford United Kingdom
Specialty doctor in Psychiatry of Intellectual Disability Dartford jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.