NBS Bank Plc
NBS Bank Plc Blantyre Malawi
2 months ago
NBS Bank Plc invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates to fill the following vacancies tenable at the Bank’s Head Office in Blantyre.
Reporting to the Head of Treasury and Global Markets, the successful candidate’s responsibility will be to manage all Dealing Operations in-order to drive Treasury revenues in line with the Bank’s strategy through competitive pricing in both foreign exchange and money markets.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following, among other responsibilities:
• Participates in the annual identification and development of the long and short term Strategy and Business Plan for Treasury and Global Markets Department.
• Researches, identifies and submits preliminary Investment strategies for input in Treasury and Global Markets.
• Develops the Annual Operating Plan based on the above research and reviews, for submission and approval to the... Treasury Manager.
• Devolves the Annual Operating Plan into quarterly, and weekly phases to manage the section and performance.
• Determines competitive pricing of both foreign exchange and Money Market Rates.
• Sales forex and MM securities to optimize profitability by ensuring that the bank gets the best margins.
• Manages the extent and composition of liquidity risk in terms of concentration exposure risk, asset liability mismatches and counterparty concentration
• Ensures that the Bank has adequate liquidity resources to meet its liquidity needs while at the same time avoid excess liquidity in line with the Bank’s strategy.
• Ensures that there are a clear monitoring tool to monitor both liquidity and cash flow in the bank and across its Branch and alternate channels.
• Ensures strict adherence to Liquidity Reserve Requirement on both domestic and foreign deposits on daily basis
• Ensures that the bank has adequate back up and practical liquidity contingency plan.
• Provides leads to Treasury Sales Team on market opportunities to actively develop relationships with clients through constant interaction.
• Provides input towards Treasury Sales planning and budgeting in line with Bank Strategy
• Provides guidance during budgeting process of the direction of the economy by providing on the ground foreign exchange, interest rates views.
• Supports the Department to prepare the Treasury Strategic Plan and Budget for one year and five years forecast.
• Prepares monthly and weekly forecasts in line with market dynamics relating to Foreign Exchange and Money Market Liquidity positions and profitability
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Banking/Economics/ Accounting/ Business Administration/Finance.
• ACI Dealing Certificate is a must qualification for this job
• Treasury and International Trade post-graduate certificate/diploma.
• Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in Treasury and Dealing Experience
• Ability to lead, manage and develop staff and employees
• Ability to identify, communicate and ensure implementation of the agreed business objectives for the relevant unit
• Excellent verbal and written communication and able to ensure implementation of the agreed business objectives for the relevant unit.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and able to clearly present complex situations
• Ability to plan and organise medium to long term ahead
• Ability to analyse and solve complex problems to achieve the correct outcomes
• Sound business acumen, resourceful and be a lateral thinker
• Ability to negotiate, interact and achieve targets
• Financial and Analytical skills
• Customer Relationship Management
Candidates meeting the above minimum requirements and are interested in the job should send their applications and up-dated CVs with names of three (3) traceable and reputable referees, and copies of certificates, to the following address:
Head of Human Resources
NBS Bank Plc
P.O. Box 32251
Chichiri, Blantyre 3
Or alternatively, send your application to [email protected]
The closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 10th March 2023. Only short-listed applicants shall be acknowledged
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.