Carrington West United Kingdom United Kingdom
2 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Civil Engineer to join a market leading consultancy on a long term contract basis. The ideal candidate would be a well-rounded civil engineer, technically competent across all core Civil Engineering disciplines, with exemplary communication skills, and who has experience leading teams and delivering projects. This role would support projects in multiple sectors including transportation, energy, and defence.
This is a hybrid working opportunity and our client is considering candidates all over the UK. You will be based out of our clients nearest office to home. Due to the size of the business, offices are based all over the UK. This position falls INSIDE IR35.
• Take a leading role on large-scale 'Mega Projects' (£1 Billion+ CAPEX).
• Undertake, and technically lead teams undertaking Civil Engineering designs including Surface Water, Foul Water, Reinforced Concrete Structures, Utility Design, and Coordination.
•... Competently lead teams to deliver schemes on large-scale projects from concept design to for construction.
• Produce and review designs following relevant design standards and codes, and to high-quality levels.
• Prepare briefs, scopes of work, and input into bid proposals.
• Successfully manage time and budgets to key project milestones and programmes.
• Participate in practice leadership and mentoring to others (this could include a role as a DE/SCE with the ICE).
• Work closely with teams in the UK and overseas to deliver integrated design solutions.
• Adhere to quality assurance standards in design.
Key Requirements (necessary)
• Engineer with sound problem-solving skills, and a pragmatic, practical mind.
• Experience in business devlopemnt and successful competitive tendering.
• Proficiency in designing at least one of the sub-fields of Civil Engineering with an excellent knowledge of the applicable codes and guidance of that sub-field (examples of sub-fields: Surface Water, Foul Water, Reinforced Concrete Structures, Utility Design, and Coordination).
• Able to work independently to deliver work, as well as part of a team.
• Take accountability and responsibility for work carried out by the individual or the team.
• Work well with and form relationships with others, including the client team, other disciplines, and contractors at all levels (junior - senior) inside and outside the business.
• Be self-motivated to produce high-quality deliverables.
• Flexible attitude to the type of work undertaken, level of responsibility given, and work location.
• Have experience coordinating with other disciplines in multi-discipline projects.
• Produce designs following CDM regulations.
• Professionally Qualified (CEng, MICE, or equivalent qualifications or career experience).
• Experience working with and negotiating with key project stakeholders including regulatory, statutory, and local bodies.
• Strong communication skills, independent working, presenting, and influencing skills.
Key Requirements (desirable)
• Experience in external works design, including utilities, paved and unpaved surfaces, earthworks, access and accessibility, construction logistics, and familiarity with current UK design standards and working practices.
• Experience in the use of Civil 3D, AutoCAD, Navisworks, and other modelling software.
• Proficiency in designing within appropriate digital analysis packages, following local and national guidance. eg MicroDrainage, InfoWater, or InfoWorks for drainage.
• Robust understanding of contracts (principally NEC forms) and their administration.
• Have experience mentoring junior staff (i.e. DE/SCE with the ICE).
• Digital skills desired but not essential - appetite to learn is key.
• Robust experience in change management and QA processes
• MS Office (including MS Excel - Visual Basic Script desirable) - proficiency
• Autodesk products (AutoCAD, Civil 3d) - introductory-level skills
• NavisWorks - introductory-level skills
• GIS (desirable)
• Information Management platforms (ProjectWise, Aconex, etc.)
For more information, click APPLY NOW or call Evan Brookes on 02393 876025.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Infrastructure & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 100+ years' experience in this market. Please call Evan Brookes at Carrington West on 02393 876025 for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us
Jobs in United Kingdom United Kingdom
Associate Civil Engineer United Kingdom jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.