Restore Hanslope Milton Keynes United Kingdom
2 months ago
Business Unit: Records Management
Location: Hanslope Park MK19 7BH
Contract Type: Permanent
Restore is currently recruiting for a Records Management Specialist (Inventory Manager) to support archive and records management services to workplaces in the private and public sectors.
Restore plc is recruiting for a professionally qualified Archivist to join a small team working for the Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office (FCDO) at Hanslope Park near Milton Keynes. The project supports compliance with the Public Records Act concerning the release of records to The National Archives (TNA).
• Manage the FCDO’s inventories of records
• Organise the Restore team to verify the accuracy of the inventory by checking all physical records held at Hanslope Park
• Contact and visit FCDO departments and overseas posts to verify what is held at other locations
• Maintain and update the inventories throughout the year as required
•... Cataloguing paper records to The National Archives standards
• Listing paper and digital records in preparation for selection decisions
• You must be a qualified archivist, records manager, or information specialist. The definition of ‘qualified’ includes an MA or Postgraduate Diploma in Archives or Records Management accredited by the Archives and Records Association (ARA) or an equivalent qualification. Candidates who expect to qualify in the 2022-2023 academic year will be considered
• Experience in project management
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• High standards of the personal organisation to manage a varied workload with the ability to respond to changing priorities
• Experience in cataloguing to prescribed standards
• A methodical approach, close attention to detail, and high standards of spelling, grammar, and punctuation
• Confident using Microsoft Excel
We store and manage over 22 million items including archive boxes of document files, film, and computer tape across a variety of secure storage facilities nationwide. Including cold war Air Force shelters for some of our heritage pieces, which we store on behalf of the leading museums.
Our customers depend on us to manage their historical archives, and our team is proud to support them with their document management needs. From museums to the NHS, from the Ministry of Defence to Legal firms.
An Inclusive Approach
We are committed to becoming a great place to work, one that is inclusive, safe, and where people can reach their true potential. We value the contribution that all our colleagues make and aim to have a company that recognises the diverse, multi-cultural society in which we live.
We actively encourage applications from all members of our community, including those from underrepresented groups. We are happy to consider flexible working options, including part-time hours wherever this is practically possible. We're also interested in hearing from individuals with different career experiences, including those that are looking to return to work following a career break
Hanslope Milton Keynes UK
Jobs in Hanslope Milton Keynes United Kingdom
Records Management Specialist (Inventory Manager) Hanslope jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.