Synchrony Kettering OH United States
3 months ago
Synchrony’s User Experience Group empowers both customers and clients to meet their goals and aspirations with innovative product experiences. We leverage our expertise, methodologies and customer data to create simple and delightful experiences that fulfill user-centered journeys. We are powered by our supportive and collaborative UX team culture and enabled by Synchrony’s commitment to investing in user experience and creating engaging digital experiences. Our designers are given the guidance and autonomy they need to do the best work of their careers.
As a Senior Mobile UI Designer, you will join Synchrony’s scaled agile teams and partner with UX, CX, marketing, development, and process owners to design and deliver on engaging native app experiences for our strategically significant core customer-facing applications. The candidate is responsible transforming high and low fidelity UX concepts into modern native app UX designs that deliver a modern, world-class native mobile app experience. You will collaborate with fellow designers to continually refine the Synchrony Mobile Design System and will bring native design expertise in Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines and Material Design for Android applications. Working closely with Native UX Designers and Researchers you will push the limits of art, animation, and application design across Synchrony’s digital suite of mobile products to create innovative, sophisticated products that customers love to use. This role is responsible for designing and delivering modern native app UX designs for both iOS and Android experiences.
We’re proud to offer you choice and flexibility. You have the option to be remote, and work from home, or come into one of our offices. You may be occasionally requested to commute to our nearest office for in person engagement activities such as team meetings, training and culture events.
• Work with product owners, project managers, interaction designers, and developers to create visually compelling, modern digital experiences
• Work collaboratively with the Mobile UX Designer to transform wireframes and comps into pixel-perfect, development-ready deliverables
• Present to and persuade executives, leaders and agile teams to accept UX recommendations
• Organize & facilitate design workshops as needed
• Ideate on and champion new experiences
• Mentor junior level designers
• Educate business representatives on best practices and standards as well as push the boundaries of user experience design
• Create interactive prototypes of native app UX/UI designs as needed by teams
• Provide UI expertise and build out Native Design System for broader team
• Offer expertise on leveraging the Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines (HIG) and Material Design for Android
• Lead the design review cycle, synthesize feedback from peers and stakeholders, and close on designs that meet the project requirements
• Work closely with design leads as needed to plan and review project work
• Engage with UX research to assist in initiating, planning and running tests and incorporating their results into design
• Engage with business and IT owners in agile processes
• Be a part of daily/weekly agile ceremonies, present work, and articulate rationales
• Act as an advocate for the end user’s experience
• Collaborate effectively with remote team members and managers
• Bring a strong positive attitude to project and broader UX teams
• Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
• Bachelor’s or Associate Degree in HCI, graphic design, psychology, marketing, information technology, or similar area, or related certification & work experience.
• Minimum of 3 years of experiences of UI or Visual Design experience
• Minimum of 1 year of experience designing native mobile app user experiences
• Strong understanding of color, photography, typography, iconography, and animation usage in digital experiences
• Strong understanding of user centered design, design thinking and related methodologies
• Effective communication, time management, collaboration, and organizational skills
• Expertise in modern design tools such as Sketch, Figma, Invision, Adobe XD, Adobe Creative Suite and/or similar tools
• Willingness to travel to Synchrony offices for occasional team & business meetings.
• Experience working on agile teams
• Experience working in eCommerce and/or Financial Industry
• Experience identifying and conducting User Research and User Testing
• Ability to work in low or high fidelity as needed
• Expertise with industry standard design tools (e.g., Illustrator, Sketch, Figma, Principle).
• Familiarity with asset creation: icons, illustrations, UI components
• Familiarity with motion design using tools such as After Effects, Principle, Lottie or similar
• Expertise building and maintaining Style Guides, Design Libraries/Design Systems
• Deep fluency in iOS and Android UI guidelines as well as how and when to apply them
• Ability to ensure designs are ADA Compliant across all projects / platforms
• Understanding of today's creative landscape and trends within the design industry
The salary range for this position is 75,000.00 - 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
• You must be 18 years or older
• You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
• You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
• You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
• New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must consistently meet performance expectations and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance expectations).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
When you join us, you’ll be part of a diverse, inclusive culture where your skills, experience, and voice are not only heard—but valued. We celebrate the differences in all of us and believe that our individual, unique perspectives is what makes Synchrony truly a great place to work. Together, we’re building a future where we can all belong, connect and turn ideals into action. Through the power of our 8 Diversity Networks+ (https://www.synchronycareers.com/our-culture/#diversity) , with more than 60% of our workforce engaged, you’ll find community to connect with an opportunity to go beyond your passions.
This starts when you choose to apply for a role at Synchrony. We ensure all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
• Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
• If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time
Job Family Group:
Kettering OH USA
Jobs in Kettering OH United States
AVP, Senior Mobile UI Designer Kettering jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.