Te Whatu Ora Southern
Te Whatu Ora Southern Invercargill New Zealand
3 months ago
• 0.94FTE permanent position and 0.6FTE fixed-term position available
• Essential: A current New Zealand APC and a mental health scope of practice
• Providing care, assessment and management of maternal mental health for mothers and their babies and people with eating disorders.
The Team: What we do
Based at Princess Margaret Hospital, C Ward, comprising of Mothers and Babies and Eating Disorders, provides care for a South Island wide catchment.
Mothers and Babies (5.2 beds) provides specialist treatment for women who present with complex moderate to severe maternal mental illness who require admission with their baby.
Eating Disorders (7.8 beds) provides specialist inpatient care for people with an eating disorder, where both medical and psychological treatment is required. This Specialty Service offers a fulfilling and dynamic environment and opportunities to further your nursing career. Comprehensive treatment, multi-disciplinary functions across the inpatient and outpatient... teams, and liaison with multiple agencies, are integral to service provision across the South Island.
The Role: Where you fit in
This is an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse with a current New Zealand APC and mental health experience or scope of practice to work in a specialist dynamic and varied inpatient setting. You will be providing care, assessment and management of maternal mental health for mothers and their babies and people with eating disorders.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Providing care, assessment and management of maternal mental health for mothers, the primary care giver of their babies alongside their family.
• Providing care and assessment of people with eating disorders.
• Providing support to families within your care while utilising your risk assessment and management abilities.
• Professional development and ongoing educational opportunities are encouraged and supported.
We have the following two roles available in Specialist Mental Health Services - C Ward (Specialist Inpatient Unit: Mothers & Babies/Eating Disorders)
• 0.94FTE full time permanent position (4 on 2 off rotating roster)
• 0.6FTE part time fixed-term position (fixed term covering parental leave until 26/07/2022)
Please let us know what position you would like to apply for in your cover letter.
Mō mātou | About Us
“Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do”
We are committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations. We believe in improving, promoting, and protecting the health and well-being of the Canterbury the West Coast community.
The culture at Canterbury District Health Board, is driven by our ā Mātou Uara (Our Values):
• Care and respect for others - Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
• Integrity in all we do - Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
• Responsibility for outcomes - Te Takohanga i ngā hua
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted. Contact us on [email protected] for additional information.
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at CDHB, there could be a place for you!
Please visit our careers website for other roles and find your ideal fit within the Canterbury District Health Board.
The Future of the Health Industry
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Nau mai, haere mai, tauti mai
Invercargill New Zealand
Jobs in Invercargill New Zealand
Registered Nurse Invercargill jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.