Counties Manukau District Health Board
Counties Manukau District Health Board New Zealand New Zealand
3 months ago
Community Mental Health for Older People
Salary Band – $72,061 – $95,340 p.a prorata + Kiwisaver
• Do you have a passion for Older Persons Mental Health
• Permanent – part time position (0.7 FTE)
Here at Southern DHB, the highest levels of patient care lies at the heart or our mission.
View Position Description
Mō te tūranga | About the role
The team is a small group which is part of the wider Mental Health Service for Older People (MHSOP) team based in Dunedin Public Hospital.
We have a rare and exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse with recent Mental Health experience to join the Community Mental Health for Older Persons Team. This community based role will see you working Monday to Friday providing care for people over 65 years of age who are experiencing mental illness.
Mōu ake | About you
A strong knowledge base is essential to meeting the challenge of caring for older people in a mental health environment. You will also need to... have high standards of competence and performance, and enjoy the challenge of working with patients in this setting.
We are seeking someone who is warm, empathetic, responsive and highly attuned to the emotions, needs and motivations of older people. It goes without saying you will be a Registered Nurse with a current New Zealand Annual Practicing Certificate.
We will only be taking applications from Registered Nurses with a General or Mental health scope - in line with New Zealand’s standards so please ensure you meet the above criteria). Applicants should also note that a full driver’s licence is a requirement for this position.
All employees in Mental Health Addiction and Intellectual Disability Services are expected to demonstrate a commitment to “The Seven Real Skills” (Te Pou Workforce Development, see www.tepou.co.nz/letsgetreal ).
If you tick all the boxes and are an experienced Mental Health Nurse with an interest in Older Persons then apply today!
Painga | Benefits
• Continuous support for career development
• Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
• Discounted staff holiday accommodation and a range of retail & entertainment discounts
• Affordable housing – you can still achieve your lifestyle dreams
• Discounted rates available with local Childcare provider for Te Whatu Ora staff
Mō mātou | About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Utu whānui |Salary range
This role belongs to the NZNO Collective Agreement and falls between the Step 2 ($72,061 p.a) and Step 7 ($95,340 p.a prorata)
Rā mōnehu |Closing Date: Sunday 12 March 2023
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don’t delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei | Apply now
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
For further information please contact Caroline Godfrey, Recruitment Advisor, [email protected]
If you currently work for Te Whatu Ora- Health New Zealand - Southern , please apply for this role via our internal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to:
• Occupational Health Assessment
• Police Vetting / Ministry of Justice safety checks
• Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
Covid Vaccination Requirements
• New employees of Te Whatu Ora Southern will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, which includes two doses and a booster dose of an approved vaccine. If you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine or booster for any reason, please indicate this in your cover letter so we can discuss this with you further and establish if you meet any criteria for an exemption
Jobs in New Zealand New Zealand
Registered Nurse (Full-Time), Maternal Mental Health & Addictions... New Zealand jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.