Cal Bombay Ministries
Cal Bombay Ministries Canada Canada
2 months ago
Philanthropy Officer, Major Gifts (Full-time, permanent)
Location: Our office is located in Toronto, Ontario; however, this position can be located anywhere in Canada with flexible / hybrid / and remote work arrangements available
Reports to: Director of Philanthropy
Hiring Range: $65,000-$68,000 annually, including a comprehensive benefits plan, pension plan, 3 weeks paid vacation, increasing to 4 weeks paid vacation in your second year of employment, a December break (usually a week) to recharge, wellness days and access to an Employee Assistance Program
At the heart of Community Food Centre Canada’s work is the belief that food is a basic right. We bring people together around good food so communities can thrive. With more than 350 partners across the country, we build inclusive, culturally responsive Community Food Centres, share knowledge, create health-focused programs, and advocate for equitable policy change. Learn more here.
At Community Food... Centres Canada (CFCC), we work on behalf of good food for all. Our collective approach at CFCC is founded on dignity and respect, equity and empathy. These values are core to our mission and outlined in our Good Food Principles.
We especially welcome applications from members of racialized groups, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier-free.
About the position
We are seeking a mission-motivated, experienced major gift fundraiser to build meaningful relationships and inspire philanthropic gifts that will advance CFCC’s commitment to health, belonging and social justice through the power of food.
• Manage a portfolio of 75-100 relationships with prospects and donors, including individuals, families, foundations, with primary focus on new business development
• Develop and execute donor cultivation plans, solicitation strategies and stewardship journeys for gifts of $10,000 – $100,000
• Participate in the development of donor communication materials including proposals, and impact reports in collaboration with colleagues
• Participate in donor strategy meetings to review achievements and productivity and identify areas that require additional supports
• Promptly execute stewardship actions, in accordance with CFCC stewardship framework- including thank you calls, letters and impact reports
• Achieve key performance metrics including discovery calls, cultivation & engagement activities, solicitations and stewardship activities
• Prepare call reports and maintain updated records in Salesforce
• Collaborate with the Development team to identify opportunities and execute initiatives to diversify CFCC’s donor base
• Effectively communicate the vision and key messages of Community Food Centres Canada
• Align with CFCC values and contribute to the evolution of our culture, and a work environment that is grounded in Equity, Respect, Integrity & Accountability, Collaboration & Engagement, Leadership, Innovation and Impact.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Three to five years of progressive experience in relationship-based fundraising
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Strong relationship-building skills and experience cultivating and closing gifts
• Proficiency with Salesforce or similar CRM
• Ability to work independently, and collaboratively as part of a team
• Ability to use sound judgment, maintain discretion, and navigate sensitive situations with integrity and flexibility
• Knowledge of the Canadian charitable sector, including fundraising best practices and emerging trends, and a demonstrated commitment to professional growth gifts experience, demonstrating growth and increased levels of responsibility
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of related education and experience; fundraising education preferred
• Passionate about working in an organization that values and promotes diversity, equity, inclusion and that strives to work from an anti-racism and anti-oppression framework
• Demonstrated a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through continuous development, modeling inclusive behaviors, and proactively managing bias
Why work for us?
➔ Comprehensive benefits package including extended health, dental, short and long-term disability insurance, membership in a defined benefit pension plan
➔15 paid vacation days in your first year, increasing to 20 paid vacation days in your second year of employment, a December break (usually a week) to recharge, wellness days, and access to an Employee Assistance Program
➔ a culture of mutual support where staff are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive Canada
➔ an opportunity to be part of a movement building health, belonging and social justice in low-income communities across Canada through the power of food
$65,000-$68,000 annually, including a comprehensive benefits plan, pension plan, 3 weeks paid vacation, increasing to 4 weeks paid vacation in your second year of employment, a December break (usually a week) to recharge, wellness days and access to an Employee Assistance Program
How to Apply
To apply, please visit this link and click Apply Now. Please skip the Professional Details and Skills section and attach your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please share what you think makes you an ideal candidate for this role. We encourage applicants to apply by February 13th. This position is open until filled. Only those applicants being considered will be contacted. If you require any accommodations, please email [email protected]. Thank you for your interest in CFCC.
To apply for this job please visit cfccanada.applytojobs.ca.
Login to bookmark this Job
This job has been viewed 0 times.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (ngojobs.ca) you saw this job posting
Donor Relations Specialist Canada jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.