Glebe BIA Ottawa Canada
2 months ago
Job Title: Communications and Marketing Coordinator
Organization: Glebe BIA (Business Improvement Association)
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Employment Type: Full-time permanent
Application deadline: Thursday, March 23
Salary Range: $50,000 - $55,000
Job Purpose: We are looking for an outgoing and creative person to help promote the Glebe BIA and our amazing local businesses. The Communications and Marketing Coordinator makes our marketing campaigns happen. In the process they will support local businesses, engage with the community, and increase visibility for the Glebe BIA. A person with creativity, strong writing skills, and a passion for local businesses will be perfect for the role. We offer flexible hours that include some evenings and weekends when events are on.
• Create and implement a social media strategy and calendar for Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter and LinkedIn with the support of the Executive Director.
• Write articles, blogs and... e-newsletters that showcase the local businesses in the Glebe and promote the Glebe BIA.
• Develop good working partnerships with local business owners, employees, and Glebe BIA board members.
• Manage the Glebe BIA's website, ensuring that all content is up-to-date and accurate including event listings, blogs, and the member directory.
• Work with news media on stories and interview requests that include the Glebe BIA and its members.
• Assist with the planning and execution of events and initiatives to promote local businesses and the Glebe BIA.
• Keep up with industry trends and best practices, and continuously improve the Glebe BIA's communications and marketing strategies.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Previous work or volunteer experience in a similar role. Completion of a post-secondary program in communications, journalism, marketing, or public relations is a strong asset.
• Experience executing social media, email marketing, and content creation strategies.
• Excellent writing and editing skills, with a strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work effectively with local business owners, employees, and community stakeholders.
• Knowledge of social media platforms and digital marketing best practices.
• Ability to generate and execute creative marketing campaigns that promote the Glebe BIA and its member businesses.
• Ability to take well-composed photos and videos on a phone camera, and to edit them using social media apps like Canva, Animoto etc.
• Passion for local businesses and the Glebe community.
• The ability to develop the above skills in a supportive work environment.
• Bilingualism is an asset.
About the Glebe BIA
The Glebe BIA is funded by local businesses; it works to improve the community and support economic development. We want the experiences of Glebe shoppers, diners, and eventgoers to be memorable, fun, and repeatable. We love the huge variety of local shops in the neighbourhood and hope you do too. You’ll get the chance to work with a dynamic, supportive team that is engaged with the broader Glebe community.
The Glebe BIA offers a flexible work environment, benefits, and three weeks of vacation.
To Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected], by Thursday, March 23. Interviews may begin before March 23.
The Glebe BIA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Communications and Marketing Coordinator Ottawa jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.