Pyxai Napa CA United States
2 months ago
The current vacancy is within the Comprehensive Services for Older Adults (CSOA) Division, Adult Protective Services (APS) Unit.
The Social Worker IV position performs casework of an advanced nature in the most difficult social service areas; assesses and mitigates risk to vulnerable adults; identifies client strengths and needs; and provides consultation to staff. Further, the Social Worker IV... will: investigate reports of alleged abuse of elder and dependent adults within APS jurisdiction; conduct face-to-face interviews with clients immediately as needed, or within 10 days; determine the severity of the clients situation based on assessment tools and make recommendations based on the findings for short term intervention or ongoing case management services; and provide referrals and information to assist in accessing community resources.
• Undertake casework for the purpose of assessing problems and determining appropriate types of services; determine physical and mental health status and any acute and/or chronic health needs and facilitate access to MediCal services if eligible;
• Undertake intensive long or short term treatment plans which require a comprehensive fund of professional knowledge with the aim of improving or restoring individual or family functioning; act as a consultant to staff members without professional training;
• Function at a highly skilled level in such areas as counseling, protective services, medical social work, family services, community organization and research;
• Maintain casework records and handle relevant correspondence; analyze data;
• Interpret directions, procedures and regulations, and develop appropriate responses;
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Masters degree in Social Work or a Masters degree from a two (2) year counseling program.
Qualifying Masters Degrees from a two (2) year counseling program are those which include a course of study with emphasis in vocational rehabilitation, family, or marriage counseling, gerontology, or a closely related field. Qualifying two (2) year counseling degree programs must have included an internship or supervised field work and completion of approximately 45 semester or 67 quarter units of graduate level courses. Completion of all the requirements for a Marriage, Family, Child Counseling (MFCC) license program may be substituted upon submission of verifying proof.
• EITHER: One (1) year of experience comparable to a Social Worker II in a public social services agency OR Two (2) years of social work casework experience in a public or private social services agency.
• Individuals appointed will be required to maintain a valid California Drivers License while employed. Incumbent in this position is expected to operate automotive vehicles in the performance of assigned duties. Due to assignments and hours worked, public transportation may not be an efficient method for traveling to required locations.
• Any license, certification, or registration required for this position shall be maintained (i.e. active and in good standing) at all times during employment with Napa County. For continued employment with Napa County, you must maintain such license, certification, or registration to meet the minimum qualifications of this position.
If that sounds like you and you’re excited by the idea of joining a world-class team that’s passionate about growing together, we look forward to hearing from you. Apply Now
Napa CA USA
Social Worker IV - CSOA/Adult Protective Services Unit Napa jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.