Green Shield Canada (GSC)
Green Shield Canada (GSC) London Canada
4 weeks ago
Green Shield Canada (GSC) is revolutionizing the healthcare industry as part of our mission to ensure better health for all!
In 1957, our founder, pharmacist William Wilkinson, witnessed a mother sacrifice her health by forgoing her own medicine to ensure she could afford a prescription for her sick daughter. He knew there had to be a better way! He introduced North America’s first prepaid drug plan, and Green Shield was born as a not-for-profit health benefits provider that re-invested its earnings to support better health for all Canadians.
Today, we follow in the footsteps of our founder as we continue our pursuit of a better way. No longer just a traditional health and dental benefits provider, Green Shield is now the first integrated health services organization in Canada that is both a payer (offering insurance, administering benefits, and paying claims) and a provider (offering medical, mental health, and pharmacy services).
This means we can uniquely offer:
• Direct access... to real time professional health services
• Convenience to engage our services anywhere, anytime, effortlessly
• Integration of our services, creating a seamless experience
• Improved health outcomes via preventative care and treatment, and data driven insights
This evolution also deepens our social mission through both financial support and the direct delivery of services to support local communities and underserved populations across Canada.
THE ROLE IN A NUTSHELL
Reporting to the Director, Internal Audit Services (CIA), we are looking to fill the vacant position of Internal Auditor. We are seeking an experienced individual who can make an immediate impact, bring new knowledge and skills to the Internal Audit Services Team, and take the lead role in assessing, planning, and executing audits in order to ensure key risks to achieving objectives have been identified, internal control completeness and effectiveness has been evaluated, and providing value added advisory services to GSC.
Key accountabilities include:
• Conduct independent, objective risk-based internal audit and advisory engagements (IT & Non-IT) to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the organization’s governance, risk management, control systems and processes.
• Identify and assess business risk areas and research relevant best practices and strategies to develop audit programs for individual internal audits.
• Develop a risk-based test plan by selecting appropriate audit approach, test procedures and sampling criteria based on professional judgment and departmentally defined internal audit methodology.
• Provide support to the business to implement operational improvements and to ensure consistency with internal policies and procedures.
• Partner with management to develop recommendations for changes to processes and systems that will mitigate risk, improve performance and productivity.
• Collaborate with cross functional teams as an Internal Audit Services’ representative on strategic, operational and information systems projects or committees.
• Build strong relationships with internal partners
• Accurately and thoroughly document all work performed in line with the IIA’s IPPF and the internal audit policy and procedures.
• Identify and assesses potential control deficiencies and recommends value added solutions to be included in the audit report. May also make recommendations regarding process efficiency and continuous improvements opportunities.
• Monitor and follow up on audit management action plans on a quarterly/semi-annual basis to ensure adherence on agreed upon next steps.
• Liaise with external auditors as necessary for special engagements, controls testing, and client audit requirements are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
• Review of the corporate systems established to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, laws, regulations, industry standards and other governance requirements.
• Proactively identify opportunities to optimize the efficiency of audit processes, and methodologies to increase assurance coverage.
• Monitor, validate and report on the implementation status of management action plans resulting from audit engagements and internal control assessments on a quarterly basis.
What We Are Looking For
We’re looking for a highly organized individual who can make an immediate impact. The successful candidate must have strong business acumen, be innovative, be a problem solver, be comfortable communicating with individuals at all levels of the organization and is adaptable to changing circumstances. Specifically, we’re looking for someone with:
• Minimum post-secondary degree or diploma in accounting, finance, business administration or a related field.
• A professional designation is considered an asset, such as Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), or another relevant designation/certificate.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in Internal Audit.
• Demonstrated experience in performing operational, financial, compliance and/or information technology audits
• Strong understanding of risk and control frameworks and ability to apply to audit projects.
• Ability to research issues, analyze problems, synthesize information, and make value added recommendations.
• Experience working in a highly computerized environment and demonstrates an understanding of information technology functionality, architecture, structure, and controls.
• Understanding of audit methodologies, risk-based auditing techniques, enterprise risk management and GRC frameworks and applications (COBIT, ITIL, NIST. ISO 27001, CIS) COSO Internal Control – Integrated Framework, the IIA’s International Professional Practices Framework.
• An interest and/or experience in data analytics and emerging technologies (SQL, PowerBI, Python, automation, AI/ML etc.).
• Knowledge and interest in all things related to data & technology, including the latest trends and developments with a specific focus on areas of technology included: cybersecurity, cloud, data governance, privacy, analytics, enterprise applications, disaster recovery, systems development methodologies etc.
• Excellent planning, organizing, and time management skills with strong attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational skills, and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in an efficient and agile manner.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge and experience in using analytical procedures, including available technological tools.
• Strong personal integrity and work ethic.
• Must be a team player with the ability to work independently in a rapidly changing environment.
NICE TO HAVE
• Bilingualism (English & French)
• Experience working in a regulated environment.
• IT Audit Certifications (CISA, CRISC, Lead Auditor etc.)
Applications will be received until 7 p.m. EST, Tuesday, March 14 , 2023.
Our purpose is rewarding, but we don’t stop there. Check out these perks:
• Time to recharge: Vacation days, an end of year holiday shutdown, and even your birthday off!
• Extensive health and wellness benefits starting on day 1: We are in the health benefits business, after all!
• A flexible work schedule: The flexibility to work from home 3 days a week.
GSC supports diversity, equity and inclusion in our teams and communities, and we value the unique contributions made by all individuals. Even if your experience doesn’t align perfectly to every requirement in this posting, but you are excited about this opportunity, we invite you to apply from the page that opens by clicking “Apply Now”.
Providing this information gives GSC consent to use your personal information to assess your suitability for specific positions, future opportunities or for your personnel file. Your résumé will be held in strict confidence and will be viewed only by the Organization. Information may be stored outside of Canada and could be used for aggregate statistical purposes (which uses no personal identification).
We encourage applications from all candidates and will accommodate needs under human rights legislation throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please let us know of any accommodations through [email protected] Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially
INTERNAL AUDITOR (HYBRID) London jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.