University of Melbourne
University of Melbourne Parkville MD United States
3 weeks ago
Excellent opportunity for an early career scientist to establish an independent research career.
Job no: 0043132...
Role type: Full time; Fixed-term for 5 years
Faculty: Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department/School: Department of Biochemistry and Pharmacology, School of Biomedical Sciences
Salary: UOM B – $110,236 - $130,900 p.a.plus 17% super
The University of Melbourne would like to acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campuses are situated, the Wurundjeri and Boon Wurrung Peoples, the Yorta Yorta Nation, the Dja Dja Wurrung People. We acknowledge that the land on which we meet and learn was the place of age-old ceremonies, of celebration, initiation and renewal, and that the local Aboriginal Peoples have had and continue to have a unique role in the life of these lands.
About - Department of Biochemistry and Pharmacology
The Department of Biochemistry and Pharmacology has critical mass, interdisciplinary teaching and a remarkable breadth and depth in research expertise that underpin our key themes of molecular understanding of biology and disease, translational research, drug discovery and development. The majority of the Departments research laboratories are located in the Bio21 Molecular Science and Biotechnology Institute affording excellent access to state-of-the-art technology platforms.
About the Role
The Grimwade Research Fellow is a prestigious 5-year Fellowship supported by the Meigunyah Fund, and designed to provide the opportunity for an early career scientist to establish an independent research career. The successful applicant will be given a generous start-up package to establish and lead a research program in the Department of Biochemistry and Pharmacology, located within the Bio21 Molecular Science and Biotechnology Institute.
Applicants working in the areas of structural biology and particularly nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy, molecular systems biology, computational biology, RNA technology and advanced imaging techniques are particularly being sought although outstanding applicants in other areas of biochemistry or molecular science will be considered.
While this position is research focussed, the Grimwade Fellow has the opportunity and is encouraged to make a contribution to the delivery of educational programs.
• Lead a successful independent research group that aligns with the research priorities of the Department and School.
• Collaborate effectively with others in complementary research programs to facilitate impactful and translational outcomes.
• Prepare research proposals for submission to external funding bodies to obtain external research income.
• Effective supervision of research support staff.
• Effectively supervise and co-supervise Research Higher Degree, Masters and Honours students as measured by timely completion of study programs and student achievements.
You will be at a career stage where you are establishing a national or international reputation in your research area as evidenced by high quality publications, capacity to attract research funding and presentations at conferences or other measures of esteem. You will have strong interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to build and maintain relationships with colleagues (internal and external) and work collaboratively.
You will also have:
• A PhD in Biochemistry or related molecular science with substantial postdoctoral experience.
• Research excellence in relation to career stage as evidenced by research funding success, strong publications in refereed international journals, interactions with industry, patenting of discoveries and other measures of peer recognition.
• Evidence that demonstrates an ability to undertake independent programs of original research.
• Demonstrable ability to supervise and train Honours and graduate research students.
Please note: To ensure the University continues to provide a safe environment for everyone, a successful candidate would be required to pass a Working with Children Check in Australia.
About the University
The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
• Flexible working arrangements, generous personal, parental and cultural leave
• Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
• Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
• Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
• Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits.
We value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community and encourage and celebrate diversity. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, females, people of all ages, with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse people are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
If you feel this role is right for you, please submit your application including a brief cover letter, your resume and your responses against the selection criteria^ (found in the Position Description) for the role.
^For information to help you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria and competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
We are dedicated to ensuring barrier free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. If you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]
Parkville MD USA
Jobs in Parkville MD United States
Grimwade Research Fellow Parkville jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.