Thomson Geer Adelaide SA Australia
3 months ago
Thomson Geer is a large Australian Corporate law firm with offices in Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth. The firm has more than partners and staff nationally, and offers a dynamic, friendly and professional work environment.
We are passionate about constantly providing value to our clients their business success is our priority. This focus on client value is a key reason for our success
We are currently seeking a Financial Accountant to be based in our Adelaide office reporting directly to the Finance Manager and Financial Controller.
This role will encompass a broad range of financial management and accounting services for the firm. If successful, you will be responsible for ensuring the efficient, effective, accurate and timely undertaking of financial processes and end of month reporting.
This includes financial transaction processing services and associated reconciliations, as well as financial advisory and support services both internally and... externally.
Some of the key tasks of the role include :
• Preparing monthly Business Activity Statements for the partnership and service trust including tax adjustment schedules
• Providing detailed analysis and preparing end of month journals including account reconciliations
• Producing monthly balance sheets and cash movement summaries
• Performing regular reviews of accounts payable and work in progress balances
• Updating the finance system, ensuring data is up to date and accurate
• Undertaking banking activities as required
• Preparing annual partnership and service trust FBT returns
• Liaising regularly with external accountants, auditors & the ATO to provide timely financial information
• Participating in the annual Budget process in consultation with the Finance Manager
• Providing or assisting in the provision of a range of financial management and accounting advisory, analysis and reporting services to designated areas and the firm as a whole
• Ensuring the preparation of financials is compliant with ATO guidelines and Australian Accounting Standards
This role will require :
• Strong attention to detail
• A positive can do attitude
• Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment
• A results orientated focus, with a proven ability to deliver quality financial information whilst meeting internal and external deadlines
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
• Candidates who are career minded with a desire to develop, learn and progress in a growing professional firm
This role would ideally suit a CPA or CA Accountant (or nearly qualified) with recent experience in a professional services environment within business advisory or similar divisions.
What we offer :
We have a supportive network at Thomson Geer, offering excellent working conditions. You will receive extensive on-the-job training and access to our "well-being work" program including flu vaccinations, skin health checks and an employee assistance program.
We also have an active social club and are supportive of flexible working practices
Adelaide SA Australia
Financial Accountant Adelaide SA jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.