Brown Bag Films
Brown Bag Films Toronto Canada
2 months ago
Type of Position
At Brown Bag Films, our motto is simple: “We love animation.” In fact, we love it so much we trademarked it! 'We Love Animation™.’ We are one of the world’s most exciting, original and successful creative-lead animation studios with studios in Toronto, Dublin and Bali.
We now have an opportunity for an experienced FX Artist!
Successful candidates will create FX assets based on the visual and narrative requirements from the Art Director and Episodic Director while working within the technical specifications of the show.
• Completion of FX assets and shots within the agreed time allowed
• Proactively problem solving; creating the IT and pipeline tickets to address any technical problems for the department
• Logging time into time logging software daily
• Contributing to best practices and pipeline within in the studio
• Collaborating in... animatic reviews
• Conducting Technical approvals on FX assets and shots from internal artists
• Advising in casting of resources
• Contributing to the development of tools and workflows
• 2-3 years in the role
• Able to draw on model and style and bring fresh ideas into the production
• Able to take information shared from Director, clients and script and create the shows style through design of key characters/props/layouts and contribute to this process
• Able to follow proper design fundamentals in both layout and character/prop
• Able to anticipate the needs of show in a proactive manor and flag challenges
• Able to adapt creative style, allowing for successful performance on different shows
• Strong time-management skills, works quickly and meets or exceeds all deadlines
• Understands the entire production pipeline and designs with all steps taken into consideration
Why work with us?
Perks! Perks! Perks! Not only is 9 Story Media Group an amazing place full of artists, animators and creators from all corners of the industry, but we focus on helping staff grow and develop in their careers and make them long time team members. Along with a great work environment we offer first-rate health + dental benefits, summer hours, paid Health and Wellness Days, vacation periods that multiply with tenure, and more! We may love animation, but we love our employees even more!
Brown Bag Films/9 Story Media takes diversity and inclusion seriously, and we are committed to ensuring equity in the recruitment process. Candidates from a diverse group of backgrounds, including but not limited to, Indigenous peoples, Racialized and LGBT2SQ+ communities, candidates from a range of ages and religious beliefs, and people with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
As a company, we deliver high-quality kids' content, and we seek to have diverse characters so that all our audience feels represented. We also want the same for our own workforce, and Brown bag Films/9 Story Media is committed to looking for all kinds of talent to build a diverse workforce in which all identities are represented and respected.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and interview process to be successful in performing essential job functions. We'd love to know how we can support your requirements for accommodation.
Open to EU Candidates Only?
Expected Start Date
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.