University of Miami
University of Miami Miami FL United States
3 months ago
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet...
The department of Clinical Engineering has an exciting opportunity for a Full Time Biomedical Engineer 3 to work at UHealth. The Biomedical Engineer III performs a variety of routine tasks, including the installation, maintenance, calibration, and repair of complex biomedical equipment. Additionally, an employee in this position provides technical guidance to other junior engineers and relevant subordinate staff within the department.
• Maintains accurate medical equipment documentation.
• Supervises services provided by outside vendors to ensure quality and scope of services are met.
• Maintains current knowledge of pertinent regulatory agencies and the policies, codes, standards, and regulations that apply to the clinical equipment.
• Inspects incoming equipment for compliance with codes, standards, and manufacturer recommendations.
• Orders parts and supplies necessary for the servicing of medical equipment.
• Provides technical guidance, mentoring, and training to other employees in the department.
• Serves as a reference source for engineering and clinical staff with regards to appropriate procedures for the operation and maintenance of clinical equipment.
• Uses office automation hardware and software and diagnostic service software.
• Updates medical equipment technical library as new versions are available.
• Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
• Completes 100% of scheduled ITM’s assigned on a monthly basis.
• Repairs, tests, and calibrates medical equipment according to OEM/AEM specifications in accordance with Joint Commission standards.
• Ability to exhibit strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
• Associate Degree in relevant field
• CBET(if no degree)
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Attitudes:
• Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
• Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
• Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
• Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.
• Commitment to the University’s core values.
• Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
• Strong organizational skills
Any relevant education, certifications and/or work experience may be considered.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Miami FL USA
Jobs in Miami FL United States
Biomedical Engineer III Miami jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.