InSync Systems Edmonton Canada
3 months ago
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager for a permanent position. Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
This is a remote position, but prefered resource location is Edmonton, AB. Resource needs to be available to work on Canada Mountain Time and to travel occasionally to Edmonton, AB and Charlottetown, PEI.
The ideal candidate will have PM experience in large scale strategic initiatives, strong project controls and project execution experience, strong waterfall methodology experience, and be a strong leader and collaborator.
• Provide support in the management of a large-scale project that is complex in scope and is of strategic importance and risk for the organization.
• Determine the resources (people, hardware, and materials), quantities, and timing needed to carry out project activities.
• Responsible for ongoing financial management and performance, including:
• Validating staff/contractor time entries and resolving... discrepancies; and
• Reporting on resource actuals verses estimates in a timely manner.
• Ensure the project achieves the critical success indicators (CSIs).
• Ensure vendors meet their contractual agreements on assigned projects.
• Ensure appropriate procedures and measures are in place to manage the Contract and delivery
• Negotiate Contract Changes/amendments as required
• Attend regular review meetings according to the management framework defined for the Contract
• Review/approve recommended Service scope, Service Levels, standards and policies, procedures, project plans, budgets, and schedules recommended by the Province.
Leadership and Team Management
• Collaborates with project leadership to communicate, manage expectations, and represent the organization’s interests to numerous internal and external stakeholders.
• Participate in team and status meetings, ensuring recurring and critical project meetings are appropriately documented capturing action items, decisions and discussion summary and following up on action Items prior to the next meeting.
• Provide input on hiring.
• Partner with various project workstreams to resolve conflict or issues related to complex cases or service delivery to ensure proper resolution.
• Participate in the development of strategic, tactical, operational and project plans/budgets as they relate to the Services and steward to these
• Collaborate to set annual goals and objectives focused on continuous improvement, and steward performance to these objectives
• Provide quality control associated with project control, financial reporting, and exception management
• Provide oversight and guidance to contractual management and tracking to include Client contract amendments and payment milestones, project subcontractor contract amendments and milestone payments and numerous subcontractor contracts for resources performing on the project.
Governance and Decision Making
• Manage stakeholder expectations, negotiating compromises and win-win situations, provider clear direction on project roles and associated responsibilities.
• Participate in the development of strategic and tactical plans and budgets
• Oversee the Contract amendment process for Changes to the Services, Service volumes and Service Levels, and the tracking and management of amendments
• Ensure Contract Change Requests and Contract Change Proposals are formally tracked and managed, appropriately approved
Analysis and Reporting
• Advanced application of project management software tools to process data and interpret the results through critical thinking.
• Collect and disseminate information on project performance, including forecasting, status reporting, and resource allocation; monitoring indicators and progress to identify variances from plan for escalation as appropriate.
• Manage subcontract resource and vendor contracts to ensure appropriate costs
• Review, validate, and approve invoices, including Third Party invoices and pass-through cost
• Maintain project files, plans, status reports, billing records and chargeback records, cost analysis
• Track the need for and availability of resources for various work initiatives that are planned
• Establish and manage an appropriate invoice approval process and providing timely financial and billing information that is consistent with contractual requirements.
• Ensure that appropriate processes are in place to identify, track and resolve billing exceptions
• Ensure formal documentation processes are in place and adhered to governing invoice and order reconciliation, cash flow analysis, dispute resolution, accruals, project spending projections, annual forecasting for budget billing of Services etc.
• Accountable for accuracy of invoices and financial reports
Required Skills and Experience:
• A minimum of 7 years of project management expertise.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience working in a professional services/consulting organization.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience working within or directly with government or other publicly funded organizations.
• Experience managing large and complex projects of at least 50-million dollars.
• A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, or Computer Science.
• Knowledge of, and experience and working with the Project Management Institute’s Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) methodology or other industry-standard project management frameworks.
• Demonstrated knowledge of PMO tools and program/project governance concepts and governance structure.
• Demonstrated ability to establish and manage relationships with customers, account leadership, strategic partners, and solution providers.
• Demonstrated ability to bring creative solutions to solve complex problems with a cross- stakeholder perspective. Leverages organizational expertise and uses a high degree of resourcefulness and independent judgement to determine the best solution.
• Demonstrated ability to manage challenging and competing demands within a limited timeframe.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with and provide leadership to diverse groups and individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrated ability to critically analyze and synthesize financial and statistical data to meet project financial performance targets.
• Demonstrated ability to productively use technology where appropriate.
• Demonstrated leadership and managerial skills in a multifaceted environment, proven coach and mentor.
• Demonstrated ability to respond to the needs of stakeholders supported by an understanding of the impact.
Please note that while all applications are appreciated, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
InSync Systems Inc. is a privately-owned boutique Canadian Resourcing and Consulting Services Company that works closely with a range of corporate clients across multiple industries to bring them solutions that effectively address their business needs
Senior Information Technology Project Manager Edmonton jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.