CBI Health Waterloo Canada
3 months ago
We are currently seeking an Occupational Therapist Practice Lead in our CBI Home Health division to lead a group of regulated, direct care providers, to ensure patient and family experience and clinical service delivery meets or exceeds standards set by CBI Home Health and external stakeholders. Leading by example, the Practice Lead will ensure effective implementation of Best Practice Guidelines and CBI Home Health service delivery models in providing rehabilitation services that align with the care provider’s scope of practice, ensuring service and clinical excellence.
The Successful Candidate Will Demonstrate
• Significant discipline-specific community experience
• Excellent leadership and organizational skills
• Positive, inclusive, effective, and efficient communication style
• 5 FTE (equivalent of 20 PL hours / week)
• Orientation of new staff to discipline-specific policies, procedures, resources and tools
• Completing staff therapists’ ride-alongs... onboarding and annual check-ins, chart audits
• Completing regular annual caseload review with each employee therapist and quality data reviews with independent contractors
• Chairing and organizing regular discipline-specific clinical meetings throughout the year
• Being a resource for urgent clinical issues that arise for therapists
• Identification of clinical trends, departmental tools/resources and learning needs to meet clinical requirements
• Consultation regarding development of discipline-specific forms and templates
• Consultation with the Therapy Care Supervisor (TBD) and Therapy Client Services Manager to resolve discipline-specific performance issues
• Exit planning as necessary with the Therapy Care Supervisor (TBD) and Therapy Client Services Manager
• Carrying a clinical caseload
• Adjustment of the workload of staff members, assigning geographical coverage areas and ensuring equitable work distribution in collaboration with the discipline specific coordinators as needed.
• Identification of education needs of the department and department therapists, as per caseload reviews
• Supporting with On-call scheduling, and Vacation scheduling as required
• Attending PL management meetings with the Therapy Care Supervisor (TBD) and Therapy Client Services Manager
• Co-Interviewing candidates for hire with the Therapy Care Supervisor (TBD) and Therapy Client Services Manager
If you are passionate about offering a person-centered approach to care, this is your chance to do what you do best. Our interdisciplinary team enables you to collaborate with a variety of experts, explore your interests and achieve amazing results. We have more than 12,000 professionals working together to set the bar for best practices in the industry. For almost 50 years, we’ve flourished as an integrated network with a talented team of professionals just like you. Every day, we come together to help our clients and families live their best lives and achieve their personal goals and priorities – it all starts with you.
Join us at CBI Health - where better begins…
Contact Becky Taylor at [email protected] and Ginette Lalonde [email protected] to submit your cover letter and resume to express your interest or to learn more about this opportunity.
CBI Health is committed to providing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where everyone feels safe and accepted as their authentic selves. We actively seek qualified candidates who share our commitment to equity and inclusion and contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives that help us innovate and provide the best possible care to our clients.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristics that make each of us different
Occupational Therapist Practice Lead Waterloo jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.