Zutari South Africa South Africa
3 months ago
Zutari: Co-creating an engineered impact
Zutari (formerly known as Aurecon) is a well-established, management-owned engineering firm with almost 90 years’ experience. As human-centered engineering consultants and advisors, we are trusted by our clients, business partners, communities and other stakeholders across Africa and the Middle East.
We co-create engineering solutions that have a positive impact and improve people’s lives. Zutari values inclusion and recognises the importance of a diverse, talented workforce, believing that people need other people to succeed.
What kind of talent do we pursue?
We employ high performing talent with the right attitude and a positive mindset, who are motivated by doing the right thing, getting things done and share a sense of urgency. People who have an impact in our teams and the broader community.
People who think differently and connect with those around them to co-create new opportunities and leave a meaningful legacy.
To become part of... our diverse workforce of highly skilled professionals, see below our requirements:
To become part of our diverse workforce of highly skilled professionals, see below our requirements:
• This job will suit a Geotechnical Engineer / Engineering Geologist with 10+ years’ experience, who shall assist with the analysis of information, production of designs, computations, and reporting.
• Regular interaction with external clients in the planning of projects and/or the completing of projects is required.
• Previous work experience in Australia, New Zealand and/or Middle East regions would be an advantage.
• Be a mentor to the existing team members including geotechnical engineers and engineering geologists.
The suitable candidate will also need to have the following skills and requirements:
• A competent geotechnical engineer / engineering geologist with strong teamwork attributes. Have an MSc level qualification (or higher) in geotechnical engineering / engineering geology, or significant demonstrable experience in geotechnical engineering as equivalent.
• Be professionally registered with ECSA (or equivalent), with a minimum of 10 years’ full-time experience in geotechnical engineering. Previous experience on multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects would be a benefit.
• Proficient in geotechnical interpretation, analyses and design, and shall be able to deliver solutions to complex problems using a suite of geotechnical design software packages. Experience using finite element numerical modelling packages would be a benefit. The candidate shall also be familiar with digital packages used in multi-disciplinary design.
• A thorough understanding of soil mechanics as well as experience in pile design, settlement calculations, slope stability assessments, and bearing capacity calculations would be beneficial.
• Demonstrable experience and track record in geotechnics for dams, both for concrete and embankment dams. In terms of engineering geology this would include all phases of site investigation and site characterisation for a range of geological environments and project complexities. For the geotechnical engineer this would include analysis and design experience for the range of dam projects, with variable geotechnical complexities.
• Demonstrate ability to prepare detailed reports or sections of reports, documentation, and drawings.
• Have excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with excellent command of English (as a minimum).
• Flexibility around working hours is a requirement.
• Be able to understand client requirements and recognise client opportunities.
We believe that a diverse work force is key to our business success. We seek the best people for our jobs based on their skills, qualifications, and experience. We embrace the principle of equal opportunity in employment, and we work towards eliminating all forms of unlawful discrimination in our employment practices. In support of diversity and the equal opportunity principle, preference will be given to individuals from designated groups within South Africa
Jobs in South Africa South Africa
Senior Engineering Geologist South Africa jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.