Apollo Colombia Colombia
2 months ago
As a Frontend Engineer, you will be a critical part of our growing company, working on a cross-functional team to implement and drive best practices in technology, architecture, and process.
You'll have the chance to work in an open and collaborative environment, receive and give hands-on mentorship and have opportunities to grow and accelerate your career.
You love both learning and teaching. In this role, you will be interfacing with product, design, software engineers, and members in teams outside of Engineering.
You enjoy working cross functionally to solve hard problems and make an impact. At Apollo, you strive for quality, and are obsessed with improving quality, automation, and squashing any bugs that sneak through.
You have a drive to constantly investigate performance improvements and innovative ideas.
Our tech stack is React / Redux / NodeJS on the frontend, Ruby / Ruby on Rails / MongoDB / Elasticsearch on the backend, and Kubernetes / Docker / Ansible ... Terraform in infrastructure.
Daily Adventures and Responsibilities
- Work closely with product, design and engineering team to design and contribute to core product initiatives.
- Produce "clean" and well-structured code, with detailed specifications. This means that your code is commented, well structure, readable and comes with documentation;
- Implement "pixel perfect" design as delivered by our designers that works across different browsers, according to specifications provided
- Help maintain code quality, organization, automation and continuous delivery
- Effectively communicate development progress or blockers to the product lead, engineering manager, and other stakeholders
- Work effectively as part of a large global team
- Attend and engage in stand-ups, team meetings, and manager 1 : 1s
- Provide and receive constructive feedback and praise to co-workers in verbal and written form; respond and react to technical and behavior feedback from managers and peers
- Proactively acts without being told what to do. Able to identify areas of improvement and driving best practices to deliver high quality, performant, and scalable solutions.
- Ability to take ownership over everything you ship; you'd never call code "released" until you’re confident it’s correct
- You usually communicate effectively, clearly, concisely and in an audience-oriented way in written and verbal form both technical and non technical subjects, to your teammates.
You actively listen to others and ensures they are understood. You pay attention to nonverbal communication.
- You help your teammates overcome obstacles, resolve blockers, and complete work tasks. You give or share credit where due.
- You deliver praise and constructive feedback to your team, teammates, and manager in a useful manner.
- You actively seek out feedback from your teammates and manager, and works to use feedback that you receive as a tool for growth.
- Confident in owning your role, and bringing creative ideas to the hands of our users
Skills & Relevant Experience
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of industry experience in frontend development, developing large-scale applications
- Strong attention to the detail
- Understanding of REST APIs
- Experience with Cypress in writing meaningful tests
- Interest in building UI with performance, accessibility and scalability in mind
- Strong UX and product sense with the ability to negotiate the right MVP
- Your code is comprehensible, well-structured, highly performant
Frontend Engineer (MPC679) Colombia jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.